1986 Warwick Streamer

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum here. I was hoping to get some feedback on my bass. I don't have pictures at present but it's a 4String '86 Streamer. It is cherry finish and has black hardware and the Seymour Duncan eq pickups option. It is pretty much clean except for a mark where I sit my thumb on the pickup, a ding on the lower edge by the output jack and a small mark on the front. All of these I believe can be rubbed out.
Off the top of my head I think the SN is 0348.
I've had this since new and love it dearly but have played it very little in the last five years. I think it may be time for it to move to a new home. (Someone who will give it the love a bass like this needs!)
Would anyone here be interested?

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Hello there.

SN #348? That is one of the original vintage Streamers. If you want to sell it, this is the right place to find it a new and safe home.

Welcome to the forum, BTW.

Reaction score
Really!! That's a very sceptical response ;-) I'll get you some pictures but I have to get back home first so it may take a couple of days.

Reaction score
Ok, so it's been way too long I know but here are some pics at last.
The SN is hard to make out in the pics but it reads 0348. The year is 86
I'd appreciate some advise about the rub mark above the single coil. I've re-waxed it but it doesn't come up the same colour. Is it cool to have the whole body re-finished or should I leave it alone?
Anyway, I'd be pleased to hear your comments.

Reaction score
Thanks Chris90, it's nice to see it appreciated.
I'm in the UK near London.
For the right price I would be willing to part with it. It doesn't see enough action these days.

Reaction score
Very nice! And is the black hardware original? I think the usual gold looks good, but this is really classy.

Thanks Chris90, it's nice to see it appreciated.
I'm in the UK near London.
For the right price I would be willing to part with it. It doesn't see enough action these days.
Oh, now, why couldn't you have said that you were in Outer Mongolia? London is too close. Too tempting ...

Reaction score
Oh yes !
Beautiful dark dress !
To resist is useless...:eek:

I should go sleeping, i am tired and I take myself for Shakespeare :lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Original beauty !
This SD set of pickups is rare. I saw it once on a 84 Thumb 4 str.
There are 3 little white "interruptors" for each pickup. What is the use of each one ?

Reaction score
Original beauty !
This SD set of pickups is rare. I saw it once on a 84 Thumb 4 str.
There are 3 little white "interruptors" for each pickup. What is the use of each one ?

The little switches change the frequency centre for the pup, they are intended for you to 'tune' the pup to your liking and aren't meant to be used during a gig etc. I'm not sure if they are 'rare'; they were produced for just a few years and installed on a variety of different bass manufacturers. ;)

Top Bottom