06 double buck corvette electronics question

Reaction score
hey everyone, I've been gone for a long long time. but I'm back now and I also have a new to me/used 06 double buck that I picked up today for $550. a few bumps on it but I don't mind..

I'm not at my house so I don't have an amp to plug up to. I looked up the tech drawing to see what the two toggle switches were and now I'm wondering if anyone could explain what the sound differences might be. I know what coil tapping is so I understand that... what about this series/parallel switching..what will the difference in sound be?
I know this is an open ended question and hard to explain, but anything you can tell me about it may help me understand it somewhat..
thanks

Reaction score
If you check on youtube under warwickofficial, there is a vid on the dbl buck showing some different sounds with the switching. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Real Name
Chris
Short summary:

Down = Aggressive and louder.
Up = Thumpy.
Middle = Somewhere between.

Reaction score
ok checked out you tube but theres no warwickofficial vid on the $$ which surprised me, but I did find a vid of someone going through all the sounds and switches. so I have an ideal now of what to expect when I get home and plug this monster up. thanks for the replies guys

Reaction score
Real Name
Chris
ok checked out you tube but theres no warwickofficial vid on the $$ which surprised me, but I did find a vid of someone going through all the sounds and switches. so I have an ideal now of what to expect when I get home and plug this monster up. thanks for the replies guys

?

Second result when you search for "Warwick Corvette $$"

[video=youtube;EKjD58y8b3Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKjD58y8b3Y[/video]

Reaction score
thanks for the vid. my search was "warwick double buck", I guess thats why I didn't get that vid!

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the vid, never seen it before and as an owner of 2 $$s it was a great vid to watch. 8:

Reaction score
ok its been a week now since I got this $$ and it is awesome. after going through the bass everything is in working order, except the just a nut 2 tabs are broke. ordered just a nut 3 and some EMP strings. so now it sits in the stand with its brother 98 Fortress One R&B.

been thinking of updating the electronics in the fortress one, but then that would kill the collector value of the bass if I sell it. not that I think I would sell it. I just think to keep things as they were intended. but its the only passive bass left in the stand. when I play out I have 3 basses most times and going active to passive can sometime not match up sound wise if I didn't get everything setup right to began with.
decisions????

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Hi Gonzo :)

I am not sure what your question is :)
Upgrading the electronics will not kill the collector value, as the bass does not have a collector value, only a player's value :)

Reaction score
well your right in that respect. the bass is not old enough to be collectable. maybe one day it will be and maybe not. only time will tell. but in the world of collecting the original configuration of something is most valued. from that POV being that the Fortress R&B model was mean't to be passive changing it would deter from any value for a collector.... but yes I do see your point also..

Reaction score
You can always keep the old electronics to put back into the bass at a later date...

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Dat too :) But seriusly, Warwick basses are more like choppers. we don't really care about the electronics being originals, we love mods on this forum :)

Reaction score
Dat too :) But seriusly, Warwick basses are more like choppers. we don't really care about the electronics being originals, we love mods on this forum :)

;) mods are fun... well I got my new JAN3 tuesday and it was stuck together in the package. I broke the base trying to get them apart LOL
so I said no more plastic and order the JAN3 brass. it came in today and is now rockin on the $$... should have just did that to began with!!

finally got the pedal board up and running. sold most if not all the digital stuff I had and now I'm rockin analog. the pedal train is: EH steel leather expander, EH tube comp, EH tube eq, EH Q-balls env filter, and EH memory toy delay with modulator. all running to my sansamp PSA1 and qsc 850 rack amp with new avatar cabs, 2x12 and 2x10. monster sound with this $$

Reaction score
for got to ask you Flo,, did some final neck tweaking on this $$. and found the truss rod to be super easy to turn. at first I thought someone had just loosen it up all the way, and it did have too much neck relief. so using an allen wrench started making adjustments. maybe 3-4 full turn to make it right. but I notice that I can turn the allen wrench with 2 fingers "without effort" . using the allen wrench long ways with the small L shape in my fingers.

at first I thought the truss rod was broken. but once it got the neck straight I was amazed that I did it with 2 fingers! I have never even heard of something like this before on any bass. is this some kind of new truss rod or do I just have one of those odd basses?

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Well, we do have stiff necks, so if the neck is straight by itself, not too much pressure is needed from the trussrod I guess.

Top Bottom