Custom Shop wish list and ideas

Reaction score
thndrstk6 said:
So I have a few ideas that I think would look cool or be helpful to the warwick sound.

1.) Post nut string mute- this would be a small piece of rubber or fabric that would be attached just pass the nut on the headstock. It would either slightly pushup or wrap around the headstock strings so that you wouldn't get that ringing noise. You could make them adjustable like the Adjust A Nut.

2.) Sunk in knobs, bridge, pickups- I was thinking it would look cool if the knobs, bridge, and pickups had a small dip in the wood around them so they appeared to be sinking into the wood. There are guitar companies that do this with their knobs but not with the bridge or pickups. I think it would add to the roundness or the warwick look.

3.) Colored hardware- it would be cool if we could get colored hardware that was chromed or just flat colored. It would be neat to see a bass with a red finish and yellow hardware, a white bass with blue hardware, or a black bass with red hardware.

That's all I can think of for now. Tell me your thoughts.

#2, wooden tuners, knobs and pickup covers. Thatd be stunning.

Reaction score
Gregory said:
Finally the third one.
We know that some makers offer coloured hardware, but be honnest with yourself, do you find it looks good and professionnal?? We prefer staying in the classic choice of gold, black, chrome and satin

I agree with Gregory. Red/blue/yellow hardware could easily look cheapo.. =/

Reaction score
How can a zero fret help low action ???

I don't get it !!!

Can someone explain please ?

Reaction score
Thumbfreak said:

I don't get it !!!

I don't get it either...........

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Thumbfreak wrote:

I don't get it !!!

I don't get it either...........

With the zero fret - depending on the fret size you choose at the zero position - you cou can get a low action setup because the strings are only in contact of this fret. You gain the benefit that you don´t have any sound difference between fretted notes and open strings.

Reaction score
If you tried putting a capo on the first fret and playing with that, you'd get a bit of an idea what it's like! I suspect the zero frets may be a bit higher than normal frets, though.

Reaction score
I'd go for a zero fret without a shadow of a doubt.

No word on integrated wireless? For me, that, along with the matchin g headstock, would be the ultimate CS option.

JanVanHove

Artist
Reaction score
How about alternate fretboard woods?

I'm thinking purpleheart for instance, that is used successfully by other makers for beautiful fretboards, but a large number of hard woods in Warwick's collection could be used for fretboards:

Bubinga, cocobolo, ovangkol....

Or maybe wood inlays ?

Florin

OG
Reaction score

I'm thinking purpleheart for instance, that is used sucessfully by other makers for beautiful fretboards, but a sargle number of hard woords in Warwick's collection could be used for fretboards:

Or maybe wood inlays ?

Thanks for this new suggestions Jan!
Interesting idea this alternative fingerboard woods. In theory it would be possible to do it but who will order a bass with such exotic woods as fingerboard? I mean even if bass players are more open minded than guitar players, there is some rules and famous tonewoods that you will expect as available from a bass maker company: rosewood, maple, ebony... We, Warwick, offer Wenge also. It´s now accepted as a regular choice for fingerboards for many manufacturers and musicians...

Wood inlays... I already thought about it but after internal discussion about this topic we concluded that we would not offer this option. I explain you why: the problem is that you will very hardly obtain a clean result think about maple inlay on a ebony fingerboard for example...

JanVanHove

Artist
Reaction score
Personally I'd go with a purpleheart board... But then again, I'm just one guy and I'm not a good gauge of "normal" basses...

As for wood inlays, I understand the technical difficulty, but it would look beautiful!

thndrstk6

Mockup Artist
Reaction score
That would look amazing. The lightness of the maple inlay on the darkness of a tiger stripe ebony board.

thndrstk6

Mockup Artist
Reaction score
Couple questions:

1.) If I were to get LEDs installed into my ebony fretboard could you make them look like they disappear when they are turned off? What I mean by this is can you make the dot inlay black or the same color as the fretboard so that the fretboard look dotless until the LEDs are turned on?

2.) If I had a black painted high gloss fretboard could you make the LEDs dissappear in the same way? Would the effect be better with the painted fretboard?

Reaction score
Gregory said:

I'm thinking purpleheart for instance, that is used sucessfully by other makers for beautiful fretboards, but a sargle number of hard woords in Warwick's collection could be used for fretboards:

Or maybe wood inlays ?

Thanks for this new suggestions Jan!
Interesting idea this alternative fingerboard woods. In theory it would be possible to do it but who will order a bass with such exotic woods as fingerboard? I mean even if bass players are more open minded than guitar players, there is some rules and famous tonewoods that you will expect as available from a bass maker company: rosewood, maple, ebony... We, Warwick, offer Wenge also. It´s now accepted as a regular choice for fingerboards for many manufacturers and musicians...

Wood inlays... I already thought about it but after internal discussion about this topic we concluded that we would not offer this option. I explain you why: the problem is that you will very hardly obtain a clean result think about maple inlay on a ebony fingerboard for example...

and what about a selection of black inlays for maple fingerboards? :D

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Couple questions:

1.) If I were to get LEDs installed into my ebony fretboard could you make them look like they disappear when they are turned off? What I mean by this is can you make the dot inlay black or the same color as the fretboard so that the fretboard look dotless until the LEDs are turned on?

2.) If I had a black painted high gloss fretboard could you make the LEDs dissappear in the same way? Would the effect be better with the painted fretboard?

I think your wish is not possible to realise!!! With LEDs, we use white acrylic inlays to optimise the lighting effect from the LEDs. If you use plastic black dots, the light cannot go through the dark material and your illuminating effect will not or very poorly work... And if you order a lacquered fingerboard with a solid color (for example) the finish is not applyied on the inlays!!

Florin

OG
Reaction score
and what about a selection of black inlays for maple fingerboards? Very Happy

This makes sense... We have to think about.

JanVanHove

Artist
Reaction score
Let's see... what is there out there in the world of bass that could be interesting for Warwick...

What about fanned frets? A 6-string bass with a 35" B and a 30" C might be cool...

What about the Buzzard headstock on other basses?

What about different scales on NT basses?

Reaction score
Gregory said:
and what about a selection of black inlays for maple fingerboards? Very Happy

This makes sense... We have to think about.

i'm already imagining a natural finish vampyre with maple board and black sharkfin inlays... (and a buzzard headstock maybe) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Top Bottom