New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
And tell us something about your decision to get a Fender Monarch P Bass!

Reaction score
I was in the market for an American P bass and I didn't want a fender, my j bass can get close to the p sound but I wanted a dedicated p. The guys I play with are loving that sixties and seventies vibe and I wanted passive tone, naked and real. Now my stingray is great but it is individual in its tonal range, sounds like a stingray. So research was undertaken, exotic, sadowsky, Mike lull to name a few and then fodera. I've played a couple of foderas and they are lush, a lovely feel and playability so when the monarch p became available it said a big yes. Been dealing with the guys in New York and they are just lovely people, so passionate about what they do. i wanted To change the hardware and was unsure against the ivory wood. So they they sent me this to help , who hates gold hardware ? :lol: image.jpg

Reaction score
I was in the market for an American P bass and I didn't want a fender, my j bass can get close to the p sound but I wanted a dedicated p. The guys I play with are loving that sixties and seventies vibe and I wanted passive tone, naked and real. Now my stingray is great but it is individual in its tonal range, sounds like a stingray. So research was undertaken, exotic, sadowsky, Mike lull to name a few and then fodera. I've played a couple of foderas and they are lush, a lovely feel and playability so when the monarch p became available it said a big yes. Been dealing with the guys in New York and they are just lovely people, so passionate about what they do. i wanted To change the hardware and was unsure against the ivory wood. So they they sent me this to help , who hates gold hardware ? :lol: image.jpg

Reaction score
I was in the market for an American P bass and I didn't want a fender, my j bass can get close to the p sound but I wanted a dedicated p. The guys I play with are loving that sixties and seventies vibe and I wanted passive tone, naked and real. Now my stingray is great but it is individual in its tonal range, sounds like a stingray. So research was undertaken, exotic, sadowsky, Mike lull to name a few and then fodera. I've played a couple of foderas and they are lush, a lovely feel and playability so when the monarch p became available it said a big yes. Been dealing with the guys in New York and they are just lovely people, so passionate about what they do. i wanted To change the hardware and was unsure against the ivory wood. So they they sent me this to help , who hates gold hardware ? :lol:

Henrythe8

Dolphin Hoarder
Reaction score
Welcome to the Mothership.
There are a few CS that just have been done here.
And post a few notes in the Rank Booster Thread to show you're not a bot, first ten or so posts are semi blocked by the Forum to avoid bots linking.

Reaction score
And tell us something about your decision to get a Fender Monarch P Bass!

I was in the market for an American P bass and I didn't want a fender, my j bass can get close to the p sound but I wanted a dedicated p. The guys I play with are loving that sixties and seventies vibe and I wanted passive tone, naked and real. Now my stingray is great but it is individual in its tonal range, sounds just like a stingray. So extensive research was undertaken, exotic, sadowsky, Mike lull to name a few and then fodera. I've played a couple of foderas and they are lush, a lovely feel and playability so when the monarch p became available it said a big yes to me; just what I was after and hand crafted in NYC. Been dealing with the guys in New York and they are just lovely people, so passionate about what they do. i wanted To change the hardware and was unsure against the ivory wood. So they they sent me this to help , so who hates gold hardware ? :lol:

Reaction score
notwithstanding I now have my lush American P bass on its way so I can now make plans for my next GAS inspired creation from the CS at Warwick,.... in the meantime I have these two beauties to play with.... IMG_1942.jpg IMG_1945.jpg

Reaction score
Joined the Forum few yrs back while looking for circuit board to replace the old EMG one in my 1989 Warwick Thumb bass. Don't remember introducing myself so thought i would now with the new address just sent to me.
I've had my Thumb bass since new in 89 and its the nicest bass i have for playability. Been playing bass since 1976 so quite a few yrs under my belt. Mainly Rock bassist altho played in everything from Rock, Prog, Celtic Rock, Glam Rock, Club / pub covers bands and Tribute bands.
I've had other Warwick basses but none compared to my Thumb 89 with EMG's and they were sold on.
Other basses i currently have from Overwater, Fender, Jaydee, Yamaha & Dingwall
Nice to meet you all and hope i can contribute a little on the forum.

Thanks
Dave

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Nice meeting you, Dave!
I owned a few thumbs, between 87 and 92, incredible instruments. What I like about them is they react very well to playing technique.

Reaction score
Nice meeting you, Dave!
I owned a few thumbs, between 87 and 92, incredible instruments. What I like about them is they react very well to playing technique.
Exactly what i found. Whether finger style, pick, slap or playing chords it just sounds and plays fantastic. It's able to cut thru the mix in busy bands and on the other hand is able to hold a great bottom end in a 3 piece band. Bass for all seasons really apart from its weight of course LOL
Dave

Reaction score
:) I just started playing a streamer 5 from 87, insane bass!!!
5 stringer must be shoulder breaking. I had a streamer 4 string for few months in 89 as my Thumb bass had an electronic module fault and had to go back to Germany for repair. They offered me the streamer until i got mine back. Had a more overall sound than the Thumb with its Precision / Jazz style pick up layout. I def liked it and have looked at them since.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
5 stringer must be shoulder breaking. I had a streamer 4 string for few months in 89 as my Thumb bass had an electronic module fault and had to go back to Germany for repair. They offered me the streamer until i got mine back. Had a more overall sound than the Thumb with its Precision / Jazz style pick up layout. I def liked it and have looked at them since.
It has 3.9 Kilos.
It's like a feather :)

Top Bottom