Show Us Your Bass Then!

Reaction score
Douglas 6 string bass i couldn't pass up for $66.06 shipped. (free, i paid shipping) But it has nothing tonewise on my warwick, not even close, in fact it bores me to play really.

here's my current family, only one Warwick, for now... Douglas 6, Ibanez 220B, and my $$

Last edited by a moderator:

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Right then, I took some pics of my wicks tonight... SHOWTIME!

The Thumb NT 4:

And his sister the Dolphin Pro I:

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
When the wax arrives I'll also have to wax that table :)

Reaction score
I picked up a ~1982 JV Squier which is the first Squiers and were made in Japan. These are actually really good instruments and were the one of the first collaboration between Fender and the Japanese manufacturers that were making high quality copies. They figured why beat em when you can join (and make a little money).

And of course the reason I'm here (but not enough lately) is my 1998 Thumbo 5er.

golem

Philosopher King
Reaction score

So everytime I try to save up a few several
thouzamungus Yanqui Greenishbacks for a
not-so-soon to-be-released Warwick-Single
Cut-Bass, the NSSTBRWSCB is still not at
my local GC and the money gets blowed on
sumptin else, such as this much less pricey
"already-been-used-by-someone-else
Golem's-not-so-new-Single-Cut-Bass".

Verrry SC, toadally piezo, verrry Golem,
Mmes & Msrs, the ABUBSEGNSNSCB:​

Attachments

• Zeta.jpg
    Zeta.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 172
Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Wow Golem,That's quite a shape ya got there mate.
If need be,ya could always row,row,row yer boat,gently down the stream ;).

A

ALB

How's the sound on that bass Golem? Very interesting shape, looks fun to play.

What kind of music do you normally play? Just curious as you seem to have a "different" view on things. ;)

kho

Reaction score
Here are my four. I just recently acquired the Streamer LX Jazzman on a trade (traded a five string CB Ball bass for it). I do miss the CB Ball fiver, but I'm using this 4 string much more than I ever did the CB Ball, so I guess it was a good deal.

Streamer Stage I 5 and Streamer LX Jazzman:

Corvette 6 string fretless and Corvette fretted 4 with Norstrand jazz and DarkStar pickups (Soon to be replaced with a Nordstrand MM pickup) and an ACG-02 filter-based pre:

Reaction score
Here are my four. I just recently acquired the Streamer LX Jazzman on a trade (traded a five string CB Ball bass for it). I do miss the CB Ball fiver, but I'm using this 4 string much more than I ever did the CB Ball, so I guess it was a good deal.

Streamer Stage I 5 and Streamer LX Jazzman:

Corvette 6 string fretless and Corvette fretted 4 with Norstrand jazz and DarkStar pickups (Soon to be replaced with a Nordstrand MM pickup) and an ACG-02 filter-based pre:

Holy ♣♣♣♣ !!! Kho you're alive man??? :eek:

You were there when I first joined the forum and never saw you again :((. That Custom SS1 is like the Epitome of warwick Custom Shop (IMHO), the white LED, straight in the middle of the neck, is awesome.

Reaction score
I think that this particular fretless Corvette was on the cover of my first Warwick catalog back in 1998.

kho

Reaction score
Holy ♣♣♣♣ !!! Kho you're alive man??? :eek:

You were there when I first joined the forum and never saw you again :((. That Custom SS1 is like the Epitome of warwick Custom Shop (IMHO), the white LED, straight in the middle of the neck, is awesome.

Hey Flipper! Thanks! It's good to be back on the forum again... I'm glad to see so many people from back then are still on and contributing.

Not long after I got these CS basses I ended up getting out of music for a long while (the job I had at the time involved a lot of overtime work, to the point I couldn't keep up with the band) and just recently got back into playing regularly again with a new band. Hopefully we'll be able to start doing some shows in a couple of months, but it's definitely good to be playing again.

Top Bottom