The Buzz-8 Or El 8uzztard?

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
My 8 string Streamer LX has a warped neck too. Let’s hope this never happens to one of my CS NT basses.

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
Oh I like Warwick's products alright. But I am also very direct and won't lie about the problems I have seen and experienced with these instruments.

Mid nineties Warwick basses were HORRIBLE quality. 5 and 6 string bridges collapsing under the string pressure, holes in bridges too small so you could only fit tapered strings. The straplocks and tuners were CRAP.
Of my 8 or 9 Warwicks half of them had neck problems. All those with neck problems were mid nineties models.
You can expect this on basses, but not on premium quality (and price) basses.

Now if someone new on the forum asks about second hand instruments and I notice its a bass from that era I will tell them to be very cautious.
Besides that the Hellborg cabs had WAY too much technical issues on them (IE loose screws etc) for their price range and I do think naming a Trace Elliot Elf ripoff amp "Gnome" is just cheap.

I really like Warwick basses for their great playability, but the brand has by no means always been flawless.

Try to keep an open mind, no brand is perfect. Glorification is for fanbois.
I think you are right that different periods have different qualities so to speak. My preference is really pre '91 the earlier the better. Hardware Schaller, PUs Schaller/EMG. What's amazing is that then the output/production time was much higher. Only have 2 from the 2000s (the used Thumb Ltd, I had to struggle for setup) and 1 new. Don't know their amps/cabs.
All the ones I own - I love ; old stuff like me :) maybe it's the region I'm born ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
Most important is that you are happy with what you have&play, Wick, Fodera, HB, Sire, Cort ... to be here and now so to say
A good player can probably make sound any instrument good - and I do aspire to this;)
And .... we have to stop spamming the SUPER-8 thread..... sorry Hardy :)

Last edited:

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
No problemo! I ordered the „old“ preamp for more output. See, back on topic! ;)

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I am VERY interested in what the finished product will look like in the end.
Me and Hardy talked quite a bit outside the forum about things and I feel privileged to have been included in the development of ideas.

This instrument will be STUNNING mark my words.

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
That one?

C2360336-13F7-49D7-9D8D-D0F4DAB2D636.jpeg

Stainless

Guard of the Fortress
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Real Name
John Beck
I thought about such a thing, but I do not change the "W" and the Name of the model. Not yet, haha!
You could say the H and y are silent :D

I'm going to go play my plain old Buzzard now. :cool:

Reaction score
I thought about such a thing, but I do not change the "W" and the Name of the model. Not yet, haha!

Ever thought about changing yours to match the 'W' on the headstock? Might be the cheaper option anyways :D:D:D

CeeJ

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Update: "Slap"-plate is installed, time for a bath in chrome!!!
Itching with anticipation! As much as I understand, I just love the Zebano grain! Can we maybe see a mock up before they chrome it... would love to see this as a whole with or without hardware before.

Top Bottom