The Richard Bona Bass Ninja 102-500 Combo

Reaction score
So, I 've been uming and ahing over getting this Markbass iteration for a while now. Plan was to introduce it as a light weight (minimum fuss) option for small/ mid size venues.. and finally pulled the trigger today. Now, it was a blind purchase, but the price was too good to pass up! I will most likley be using it for smaller jazz gigs with my passive fretless Corvette and Framus Triumph stick bass (run through Zoom AC3). Anyone here have experiance of this model? Thoughts and impressions, etc?

Last edited:

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
No idea, amigo, my only experience with MarkBass amps is playing a couple of times with the famous 1x12 cube combo.

Hope you get it soon and bring us a nice review. :)

Reaction score
Thanks Nachobassman. Looking forward to getting it. Shame it may be a some time before I can actually try it in a live environment - but will let you know ;D

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
I have the CMD112 (350-500W) and I'm happy. The 102 (250W) may be a bit brighter; I had before a Little Mark 250 head, which is similar.

Reaction score
Ok, finally got this through. First imprsssions are good, well built and sounds great but I really need to put it through its paces (and crank it in a live setting)!

One little aside.. It doesn't look like Markbass make a soft cover for this model (as yet). I have managed to find some third party options, but mostly in US or custom made. Not a major concern -and this isn't really an issue until it comes to gigging the thing- but noteworthy nonetheless.

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Ok, finally got this through. First imprsssions are good, well built and sounds great but I really need to put it through its paces (and crank it in a live setting)!

One little aside.. It doesn't look like Markbass make a soft cover for this model (as yet). I have managed to find some third party options, but mostly in US or custom made. Not a major concern -and this isn't really an issue until it comes to gigging the thing- but noteworthy nonetheless.
No pics, no amp (forum rules, you know...:D).

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Screenshot_20210121-113748_Gallery.jpg

Here's my tiny footprint solution. Can use with a single or both 2x8 cabs. Now show me yours!

Top Bottom