Metalheads Thread - All Things Metal

Reaction score
Back in the day had NombreDeLaBeast on vinyl, Unleashed/East Also. Now it's all MP3'd but not less appreciated by any means. These Fortified my (at that time) youthful mind with that which is METAL. Just thought I'd drop in and say THANK ALL YA'll ThunderChildren for sharing more of the things I have yet to hear. Harkens back to a time when I would be emotionally stirred, backof the Neck-Hackles raised at the sound of something within the bouillabase of the music which struck like a cobra, quick and deadly. And it still does. I dig the Jinjer. Never heard it before. Love the vocal transitionation. And IceMutha----T? Forget thyself People. My head bangs and my soul laughs at much of what has transpired above. And the technical monsters? I have so much respect for those that can A.Comprehend such technical eccentricities and B. Reproduce them again and again.

Bang forth ye heads from the Ashes of Discontent. Let our Freak Flag Fly as we see fit and Be Brothers and Sisters.
Rock. The. ----. On.

P to the S: It will take me months to check out all that has been shared. Thank You my People. Thank you.

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Just came across this band Sifting......kind of Avenged Sevenfold'ish

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Some brand new prog-death goodness. They've only got 222 monthly listeners on Spotify. 1/3 of the way there, LOL.

Nightmares Of Our Design, by Svengahli

Clearly a Dingwall in there and most probably some Darkglass pedal which almost comes standard with it. Not sure if I like the bass tone. It sounds artificial and too piano like to me, if I could describe it that way. Theoretically awesome but I dunno. Btw, I have this complaint with some Warwicks too (Thumb NT *cough*), to a lesser degree I think.

Reaction score
This guy is a super amazingly skilled bass player but the sound of two hands tapping really sucks the life out of the tone. I always admire these guys but it just doesn't sound as good as trying to cut your strings off with your fingers lol.

Reaction score
This guy is a super amazingly skilled bass player but the sound of two hands tapping really sucks the life out of the tone. I always admire these guys but it just doesn't sound as good as trying to cut your strings off with your fingers lol.

Yeah, I agree, I've never really enjoyed tapping on bass all that much.

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree, I've never really enjoyed tapping on bass all that much.
I suppose it's okay as long as it doesn't blatantly sound like it's tapping-- like with some guitar playing. But some have gotten it right, Allan Holdsworth comes to mind, but his tapping was mostly done with that huge span of the left hand of his.

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
102295986_3302459869773634_181376735566848236_o.jpg

Reaction score
Been a while since I’ve seen you RIp- hope all is well-

Since I’m here- what better thread to post, this, my all time favorite metal album, aptly titled Metalhead-

Top Bottom