Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Do you listen to music because of the lyrics or the melodies and sounds of the instruments......or both?

For myself, I've never payed much attention to the lyrics of a song. If the song doesn't have good melodies, I'm pretty much not interested in it.

How about yourself?

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
The rythm, I'm all about the groove and rythm.
Yep, me to.....FWIW, I don't even know the lyrics to any of the songs our band play's

He could be singing about farm animals, and I wouldn't even know it

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
It is not that simple.

When most coverbands play a song I love, I will usually not like it at all.
So just the song is not enough. Lyrics, Melody all nice but the truth is music is about conveying emotion within that whole package.

This is exactly what is wrong with those idols, nations got talent etc. etc. shows it is all shallow crap from wannabe stars.

Music is an art form not a product.

Reactions: RIP
Reaction score
The first thing I listen to in a song is the bass line, then the feeling and the emotion that the song releases

Reaction score
For me it has to be good lyrics AND melodies/instruments, if the song has lyrics at all.

If there is a great melodie but I can't stand the lyrics it's extremly hard for me to enjoy the song at all and vice versa.

Also music has to evoke some kind of emotions in me. It may be, that the lyrics or melodie are funny or deep or whatever. If it is not speaking to me in some form, it's just background noise or elevator music for me

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
I generally prefer instrumental music because I feel like lyrics put too specific of a meaning on a song (and often the meaning is fairly trivial and banal) where instrumental music leaves a lot more open to interpretation. Music sung in a language I don't understand works for me in much the same way. But I enjoy some well-written lyrics too. I'd say in most cases I absorb the music first, and give my attention to the lyrics only after the third or fourth listen, although with hip-hop, or certain singer-songwriters, it can certainly be the other way around.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Why do I listen to music? Because listening to paintings and sculptures is rather boring old chap.

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Why do I listen to music? Because listening to paintings and sculptures is rather boring old chap.
True that

Honestly though I had been visiting some art galleries before the shut down, and was surprised as to how cool I thought they were

Check it out

20200120_121244.jpg

20200120_122523.jpg

golem

Philosopher King
Reaction score
The rythm, I'm all about the groove and rythm.

Yup. Hadda vote for “other” and hope that covers that.

Over all I lizzen pour laissez les bontemps rouler per toute la nuit !!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom