Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Streamer Stage 2 fretless 5 stringer:

84F84D59-4D11-46EA-958B-384BB17CF9A5.jpeg

Reaction score
Real Name
Jens
Mad Jazz Morales sells his Infy CS, very nice instrument! The price is ok!

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s...buttons&utm_medium=social&utm_content=app_ios

Here is the video to the bass:

My GAS hasn‘t healed, I‘m seriously looking at an Infinity now. This one is tempting, but
- would prefer 5 string
- would prefer natural wood finish (flamed maple) over red lacquer, especially for the neck
- not sure about the asymmetrical neck shape

Would you know a good source for such an instrument? I probably should open an WTB thread for this.

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I only sell a 5 string fretless atm. Rare appearance.

Reaction score
Real Name
Jens
I only sell a 5 string fretless atm. Rare appearance.
Thanks Hardy, if it‘s one of your 3 Infinities, it‘s really beautiful. But I can‘t put in the time required for fretless (I tried...)

Reaction score
Real Name
Jens
My GAS hasn‘t healed, I‘m seriously looking at an Infinity now. This one is tempting, but
- would prefer 5 string
- would prefer natural wood finish (flamed maple) over red lacquer, especially for the neck
- not sure about the asymmetrical neck shape

Would you know a good source for such an instrument? I probably should open an WTB thread for this.

As I am not really familiar with Infinities (and Reverb), I would appreciate your help: what do you think about this offer?
Warwick Infinity 5 SN TCS 2002 Zebrano | Holy Bass & Company | Reverb

steembass

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
:)...think so. My only concern is about handling. I am more into Streamers...

Reaction score
Real Name
Jens
not really Warwick, but Entwistle, Bartolinis and expensive, so close enough
Tom Lieber Thos Shazar Guitars John Entwistle Bass - 12.000 USD
Tom Lieber Thos Shazar Guitars John Entwistle Bass #N/A

We've read the folklore on the internet, but now get to play the bass in person! This is a Tom Lieber Bass, originally intended to be built for the legendary John Entwhistle of The Who. The story goes that Entwhistle commissioned Lieber Instruments (whom at the time was being built under the name Thos Sha Czar Guitars) in 1981 to begin building this bass, however by the time that The Who ended their last tour at the time in 1983 – the deposit of $800 for the bass had been forfeited and the bass was sold to another musician. This bass is built of a bubinga neck-through laminate neck with bubinga body wings, a 24-fret ebony fretboard, and an incredible sliding pole piece pickup design which was a Patent Approved design by Bill Bartolini. The bridge is a Kahler tremolo. Some special cosmetic appointments of the bass are the Thos Sha Czar headstock logo, with a few of the ivory fretboard inlay designs being identical to the guitar which Doug Irwin built for Jerry Garcia in 1976. The bass includes paperwork from Lieber Instruments denoting the specs of the instrument as well as a letter stating the history and provenance of the instrument. It’s quite a collectible instrument, and it is truly a one of a kind playing experience with its unique electronics and hefty bubinga body. It includes a custom-sized aluminum hardshell case along with the paperwork.

Includes: Original Hardshell Case, Letter of Authenticity from Tom Lieber, Official Specs List, Tremolo Arm
  • Solidbody Electric Bass
  • Multi-Laminate Solid Bubinga and Purpleheart Body
  • Through Body Quartersawn Bubinga/African Rosewood Neck
  • 24 Fret Gaboon Ebony Fretboard
  • Ivory Fretboard Inlays, Several Patterns Indentical to Garcia Guitar Built Circa 1976
  • 32” Scale Length
  • 1.5” Nut Width
  • 24 Frets
  • Patented Lieber Roller Nut
  • Kahler Tremolo
  • Patented Prototype Lieber EQ4 Bartolini Pickup and Parametric EQ
  • 13 lbs 1 oz.
  • .780" Neck Thickness at 1st Fret
  • .830" Neck Thickness at 12th Fret

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Do I read it right that John Entwistle has never touched this bass? That he even didn’t pick it up? Nice gear, but that is much to much money asked.

My Buzzard seems to be a real backup bass of the Ox, still he never touched it because it was not needed. The owner bought it in like new condition and it is still like that. Shall I ask 10k€ for it? :eek:

Top Bottom