Your work

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
And now for something completely different. Many of you know me as a jazz/funk kinda dude. But I'm also very much into experimental music. This is a side project of mine. Our newest release came out last night. Ambient/drone/noise stuff. Link: Twirp, by Godzilla Fragment
Okay, now I'm curious what instruments, synthesizers, effects etc. you used to make this?

BTW, I like turtles to :)

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
Okay, now I'm curious what instruments, synthesizers, effects etc. you used to make this?

All kinds of bizarre toys. Even some heavily-processed bass. But also a mini-theremin, some strange electronic noise boxes, and a lot of synths. We recorded a whole bunch of duet improvisations using all these various toys, and then chose the ones we liked and crossfaded them all together into one long piece. Bandcamp didn't like us uploading such a large file, so we ended up having to split it into an "A Side" and "B Side", which I kind of like actually.

Here are just a few toys we used:

electro-faustus_ef109_001.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

electro-faustus-blackfly-1.jpg

rwp488bisyatmlibai6c.jpg

Reactions: RIP

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I spent yesterday on the couch with a bad back.....out of boredom I came up with this new riff

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
A video from our recent recording sessions. This was intended as an open-ended jam and may appear in an edited form. Believe it or not, I'm rocking a P-bass with flats on this tune (and several others we recorded too).

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
hey man,,nice tunes, like Garage Days era Metallica. Wish the bass was a bit more up in the mix. Tone I can hear sounds killer
Thanks Paul :)

Reaction score
Yeah !!!
Excellent tunes, excellent energy as well!
Very good to play your own riff :cool:
Thanks to share :)

Reactions: RIP

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
The audio engineer is also a filmmaker. He did a documentary about speedbags a few years ago.

When I first read "speedbag" I thought you were talking about a little bag with some funny chemicals inside... Well, I just learned those training bags are called like that... :D

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Back into topic!

I'm recording a bass line for a song with my brother (in West Palm Beach, Fl, USA) and a friend (in Buenos Aires, Argentina).

I already have the line sorted out, kinda TOOL-esque at the intro, but I'm having a hard time trying to find a sound I like. That's why I humbly come to you in search of wisdom. What do you think about the sound?:

soundcloud.com/nachobassmanperez/bass-idea-2-sansamcompchorus/s-O76fI

(please copy and paste the link in your browser, because I rather keep it private. Thanks)

Last edited:
Reaction score
The sound is good, but for my taste we hear too much the pick attack. But i'm a 100% finger style player!

Reaction score
I would prefer a bit more oldschool drive sound and also think a bit less pick would be nice, but I am also a fingerstyle only player...
After all it's hard to say anything without hearing it in context with the other instruments.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
I like the pick attack. That sort of tone is almost impossible to get fingerstyle, and it works extremely well for hard rock. (I am also primarily a fingerstyle player, btw).

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Here it is, in context with the song:

soundcloud.com/nachobassmanperez/bass-idea-2-clip-sansamcompchorus/s-xN0um

(please copy and paste the link in your browser, because I rather keep it privatein Soundcloud. Thanks)

PS. Forgot to mention the signal path: Infinity SN5 -> Demeter OptoCompulator (compressor) -> SansAmp BDDI -> Line 6 USB interface -> Line 6 chorus pluggin -> Cubase.

Last edited:
Top Bottom