Tubepath 5.1 Not Working - Tips Please!

Reaction score
I have a tubepath 5.1 amp which just buzzes when turned on - the front lights up, one of the valves has a slight glow.
Video below shows the insides while on, any tips on what to look for greatly appreciated!

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Hi @Rukksi , welcome to the forum.
I am afraid this is not an answer someone could give you without having the amp on his desk, and we also have to warn you that opening an amp is dangerous, please don't touch stuff inside if you don't know exactly what you are doing. The amp is a pretty simple design, take it to a tech to check it, it should be easy to fix.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I'm with Flo on this one. Inside a tube amp there's serious voltages going on. It is by no means user serviceable. Do take to a tech tho, these are great sounding amps!

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Ok got it :) thanks for the advice
Thanks. Now that I know you will not electrocute yourself, here are some things I am doing. 1- check if I get input clip working, it means tat stage is OK. Check if I get sound trough DI out, headphones, etc, means that stage is OK. But in the end it is not me or you who can fix that, so who cares.
As a long time owner of a tubepath I can tell you tjat JJ tubes makes it so much nicer :) It worth buying a set, they are not expensive.
Before opening an amp, plug it out the power cord while keeping the power on. This will drain the capacitors otherwise you risk to electrocute yourself even if the amp is not plugged in. And pretty badly. The problem is that sometimes one will not drain. You should not work inside of an amp if you don't know exactly what you are doing, please.
Flo- the survivor :)

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I discovered this the hard way, years ago. Had issues with my Sweet 25.1. Had it unplugged for days I recall. Went to go fiddle around inside the amp....got a nice little shock. Couldn't believe it still had stored power in those capacitors.

Top Bottom