Show Us Your Amps Then!

Reaction score
Tonight's rig. Sounds great.

20190711_200826.jpg

Reaction score
I’ve been playing my CL 300 through a single barefaced One10 at home, sounds great! I have to put the One10 on top of the amp though as it’s smaller but this kinda works to bring it higher off the ground. I’ve been thinking about getting a second One10 and ditching my big cab, a Baer ML115. That would make an interesting upside down stack!

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
It's not a bass amp, but I hardly think it merits its own NAD thread, so here it is. I picked it up yesterday. As some of you know, I mainly play bass, but I've been getting more into the guitar in the last six months or so. I was less than inspired playing my guitar through a bass amp, so I budgeted a modest $200 (roughly 175 euros) and went shopping for an entry-level practice amp.

This thing is actually pretty cool. It's got models of a whole bunch of different amps, plus built-in effects, and some stuff I don't understand yet about selecting between class A or class AB, or being able to set the "bias" switch to "hot" or "cold". It's pretty much option fatigue waiting to happen. I plan on finding one preset I like for clean compressed tone, and one I like for overdriven blues leads, and leaving it alone other than that for now.

One minus I've found so far is the power input jack feels somewhat flimsy. But I think it will be fine for an amp that will rarely leave its spot on a stand in my living room.

Vox VT20X.jpg

Reaction score
just got myself a worthy cab for my Trace elliot V8..Total utter overkill...sheer joy and fun.

This mesa has had solid life but still sounds phenominal.

I sold an 6x10 Mesa years ago and regretted it ever since so until my back is shattered i am committed!
2vjx75h.jpg

Reaction score
Oh nice! I had one for a while until I moved to an apartment with 12 steps to get inside, and it weighed the same as I did at the time, so sadly it’s gone now. But what a sound! Filled a room beautifully. I had a 400+ on mine.

Reaction score
I can't actually upskill to even upload YouTube
But Valve Amps preferably big
Should overrule anything Digital

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
ok, This rig is Killer. So happy.

View attachment 20267
Looks the biz!

How do you feel about the FRFR character of that Barefaced cab compared to other cabs?

Using the Big Twin II and an old SWR Henry the 8x8 myself I am sometimes torn between the two.
The Barefaced being better audible in the mix and on stage, but that 8x8 just sounds so huuuuge and fat and full and thick I love that too.

Reaction score
Looks the biz!

How do you feel about the FRFR character of that Barefaced cab compared to other cabs?

Using the Big Twin II and an old SWR Henry the 8x8 myself I am sometimes torn between the two.
The Barefaced being better audible in the mix and on stage, but that 8x8 just sounds so huuuuge and fat and full and thick I love that too.

I love the sound of the barefaced. I had an 8x8 for a while but did not like the horn and just did not gel with its sound. The Barefaced sounds like a new cab with the Demeter, I like that combo a lot!

Reaction score
Here's the inside of my Demeter VTBP-M-800D note the old board used for the pre amp. Man, this amp is really lovely. Tube driven Jensen transformer into a class D amp. I have yet to get over half way on volume and its huge.

20190813_203450.jpg

If you want the story on these amps and have not heard you should. Here's the blurb.

What’s Old is New Again
In 1982 James Demeter built the first of his series of VTBP-201 pre-amps. His idea was to build a Tube Audiophile Pre-amp with Classic Bass Amp style tone section. There were other Pre-amps at the time but they were just guitar amp circuits that had major design flaws. His first customer was Leland Sklar. Lee took our proto-type to try it out and kept it. Lee used the pre-amp and it’s backup for another 25 years until he downsized his rig. In 2012 He decided to donate the #1 Pre-amp back to its creator. We were very happy to see it back and of course we had to listen to it. We were amazed how warm and clear it was. It sounded very similar to the current VTBP-201 but it was rounder and a bit slower than the newest model due it unregulated power supply and old school parts. Around the same time we found 150 of the original PCB’s that were used in that model. We decided to clone Lee’s pre-amp but, put it in the smallest box possible with our 800D power-amp. The result is the VTBP-M-800D. At 10.5 lbs. It is one 800 Watt tube tone monster.

Features
All tube pre-amp circuitry Hand wired in the USA using High quality components, DC filament, full 280V high voltage supply. Classic passive tube tone controls Treble, Middle, Bass with frequency selector and presence with frequency selection.

Reaction score
I have a Demeter Opto Compulator pedal and I can confirm these guys make TOP products. That amp looks like business.
I would go on record to say this is on par sound quality wise as my hellborg. Not as quiet but the tone and fatness of this little amp is amazing. Spent a whole weekend doing ab comparisons of the di output. So good!!

Top Bottom