Forgot About Those Other Synths-

Reaction score
I also may consider the resurrected Prophet analog synths currently available-

They range from the 1400’s to 4400.00 depending on number of keys and modernity. The 4400.00 has 76 keys.

Compare this to the 3500.00 Mimimoog D and going up to 8 grand for the Moog One.

At this point I’m thinking a true analog synth where parameter changes are made in real time with knobs instead of having to access them via LCD screens-

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I know nothing about any of that stuff...….but am curious about them

Whatcha gonna use it for Ecto??

Reaction score
I know nothing about any of that stuff...….but am curious about them

Whatcha gonna use it for Ecto??
For original material on a trio albums- and I apologize for not applying myself on that like I said I would last spring. My boat restoration project turned out to be more involved than I thought and the interior is a construction zone (I had to move most my instruments and all computers to my storage building).

So my music style has elements of Pink Floyd, Steely Dan, David Gilmour, Icehouse, and Iron Maiden if you can imagine that, so there are textural keyboard treatments in there.

Reaction score
D4E99AFD-EC94-40E1-A918-4170D54555B8.jpeg
2EAA2820-6AD0-4F66-9C8C-4E46506F5315.jpeg
My interior at this time- the first photo is the port (left) side, the second is the starboard side.

Now I have made some progress on the port side but now I’m using it as the staging area to finish the starboard side before I reinstall the back boards and cushions-

A16E8746-E47A-4253-9E34-0351EFE597E4.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
My keyboard player rocks a Minimoog Voyager. I think they're discontinued, but they run $2-3K (US) used. You can hear a lot of it on our CD, especially this track: Ice House, by Uneven Steven

Another guy I play with sometimes has the Moog Sub Phatty, which is a really wild, almost untamable synth, and an Akai Timbre Wolf, which I really like a lot.

Reaction score
Thank you all for the feedback- I just did a little researching on Floyd's Shine on You Crazy Diamond because I love the intro effects (scarcely discernible unless you turn the volume way up). Note the rapidly descending twinkling sounds between 0:06 and 0:11 which really knock me out- followed by the 'ah-uh-ah' electronic sound at 0:13-0:15. It's often the subtle things that really turn me on.

According to this article, Rick Wright used an EMS VCS3 and Minimoog for the synth effects, and the ARP Solina for the string sounds.

Here is a demo of the VCS3-- I love the fact that you can experiment easily to get cool sounds without having to scroll through umpteen LCD screen pages and parameters- but good luck finding a real one at any price-

Reaction score
My keyboard player rocks a Minimoog Voyager. I think they're discontinued, but they run $2-3K (US) used. You can hear a lot of it on our CD, especially this track: Ice House, by Uneven Steven

Another guy I play with sometimes has the Moog Sub Phatty, which is a really wild, almost untamable synth, and an Akai Timbre Wolf, which I really like a lot.

I just bought a SubPhatty on the strength of a number of reviews and demos- I'll abuse it when I finish my boat interior-

Cool track you shared, by the way. Nice bass line- what are you running it through, a synth pedal?

Reaction score
So I found a VCS3 for the bargain price of 18,000 USD plus shipping-

And for only 17,00o more you can get one with a keyboard-

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
Cool track you shared, by the way. Nice bass line- what are you running it through, a synth pedal?

Thanks. It's a combination of three pedals: Boss OC-2 (octave), Stomp Under Foot Civil Unrest (fuzz), EHX Enigma Q-Balls (envelope filter).

Top Bottom