If Warwick didn't exist..........what bass would you play ??

Reaction score
mala said:
KrisG said:
Has anyone seen the Jerzy Drozd Barcelona? Now that's awesome!

Hi, here's a pic from Europen Bass Day 2006 that we arranged in Dusseldorf. CArles Benavent is playing a Barcelona.

... and he plays with a pick!

Reaction score
Scubadiver said:

Yepp, he does all the time. And it doesn't sound too bad :wink:

BTW you were there, did you see him play? I was shooting with the camera by the stage all the time so I really missed who listened to who...

Reaction score
mala said:
Scubadiver said:

Yepp, he does all the time. And it doesn't sound too bad :wink:

BTW you were there, did you see him play? I was shooting with the camera by the stage all the time so I really missed who listened to who...

I saw the whole show (I interrupted you during filming the show Mala, if you remember... :) You showed me the W-mill stuff afterwards). Carles Benavent is an amasing bassist. /Pat

Reaction score
Oh yes, I remember that, it was just Carles I wasn't sure about. Did you also see Charlie Moreno? He is coming to the Gothenburg Guitar show to perform a clinic with us. Cheers / mats

Reaction score
mala said:
Oh yes, I remember that, it was just Carles I wasn't sure about. Did you also see Charlie Moreno? He is coming to the Gothenburg Guitar show to perform a clinic with us. Cheers / mats

Oh YES!!!! I saw Charlie Moreno playing through that "orange rig" (which I believe belongs to you Mala). That young man has some talent, OHhh dear. He's a talent!!! /pat

jay

Reaction score
Doc said:
jay said:
ThirdthumB said:
Hey Jay,

talking about one in a million: that pariticular Adamovic bass, that belongs to the bass player of a band named "cheese". Interestingly I sort of know the drummer as well............(99.9% sure about this)
Very interesting that a guy in Texas knows and owns an Adamovic........

Well, my instructor plays for The Spin Doctors if you remeber them. They had a good run doing rock in the 90's, so he's been around and he swears by his bass. I'd love to try it out but he's a lefty. From the sound and look though I may get one if I ever order a custom...

My brother was listening to them yesterday and I was impressed by his playing ability. His tone sounded very nice to, and in the album art he looked like he had a Fender Jazz lefty... but theres another photo of him holding a black Fender lookalike creature. Regardless, he can make a bass sing.

Props to Mark White.

Yes, his funk is what's really amazing though and theres not much of that on the album. He plays a Adamovic fretless Eclipse passive/passive and the thing sounds amazing...

Reaction score
I have not played enough high end basses to know for sure but so far it would be a MM (thier new dual humbucker is very good) Jerzy or peavy cirrus. But that's like asking "If I didn't have my kids what kids would I want?" :wink: Interesting post, long live Warwick.

Reaction score
If there were no Warwick's, I probably wouldn't have started playing in the first place. ~M~

Reaction score
I have not played enough high end basses to know for sure but so far it would be a MM (thier new dual humbucker is very good) Jerzy or peavy cirrus. But that's like asking "If I didn't have my kids what kids would I want?" :wink: Interesting post, long live Warwick.
I know some time has gone by now but I would now choose a 5 string version of the Marcus Miller bass I already have.

Reaction score
oh , you like it gerry , one guy I know doesn t like it , but it all come to personal tastes I guess , but I never tried one myself , so I don t know for sure

Reaction score
If Warwick would not exist question , I guess it would be ♣♣♣♣ ...lol

Reaction score
oh , you like it gerry , one guy I know doesn t like it , but it all come to personal tastes I guess , but I never tried one myself , so I don t know for sure
My 4 string FMM has a great feel but sounded good only when all knobs were full on and passive mode was useless. I swapped the pre with John East M-Retro and it's killer now!

boston asphalt2

Official Forum Pain in the Ass
Reaction score
Probably EBMM Stingray since I still have two. Granted I still think Sterling Ball is a douche of the highest degree.

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Gerry I have to ask, how did you find this thread again? You had posted too here, 5 years ago. Don't get me wrong, I love necrothreads. :)

lasteffect

Forum Nudist
Reaction score
Probably EBMM Stingray since I still have two. Granted I still think Sterling Ball is a douche of the highest degree.

I didn't know that about him. He seemed okay in some interviews I've seen him in. Can you tell me via PM about what irks you that he's done?

Anyways, never knew about this thread.

So...

Well, I have a Ric already. Honestly, probably a 5 string Stingray, Geddy Lee Jazz, and a Wal... probably some kind of fretless down the line, like the Ibanez GWB bass to finish it off.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
A Musicman Boggo bass.

But seriously: probably a Wal or a Fodera of some sort.

Reaction score
Real Name
Anton
Ibanez SR Prestige (old MIJ or new) for me if not Warwick

Reaction score
Gerry I have to ask, how did you find this thread again? You had posted too here, 5 years ago. Don't get me wrong, I love necrothreads. :)
I don't want another bass but need one to take into those smoke filled rehearsals. I thought about it and asked myself, if I didn't have my Warwick, what would I play? Then, I remembered this thread and wanted to see what my tastes were back then, when I saw the names of some long time no see members, I couldn't help it.

Top Bottom