Warwick Dirt Blonde 5 Project Bass (please Read Details Carefully!)

boston asphalt2

Official Forum Pain in the Ass
Reaction score
I am selling my 2006 Dirty Blonde 5 string bass. I am going t let this go at a bargain because of the work it needs done to it, which has been chronicled on this very forum. In short, the truss rod was a non-warwick truss rod, and when I had my luthier go to set it up, he found the nut was just spinning. So I had the original luthier replace the truss rod, under warranty and get it right. So it has a non-warwick truss rod in it, which isnt a big deal. When I picked it up, i noticed something was wrong still because the action was kinda high and the set up was screwy. Instead of having him touch that bass any more, I decided to take it to the luthier I trust, and he got it set up so that it is playable, but the action does ride high as you get into the upper register. This is because the previous luthier did NOT notice that somehow, with his work, and with the previous owner's handling of the bass, there was a hump on the neck. So, it plays, the action is high, it still sounds killer, but a person may want to get it fixed to be true and proper. My luthier told me that he would basically break the neck completely down and then put it back together, steaming and planing the fingerboard as needed. He said it doesnt need a whole hell of a lot of planing, but planing the fingerboard would definitely be in the process, but he would get it back to how it should be. That being said, I dont have time to deal with it, so I just want to move it along to someone who is ok with taking on a project bass and has the time to deal with it. I know I am going to lose m shirt on the sale of this bass, but thats ok. The last few tha came up for sale used were just north of 2000 USD. I am letting this one go for half of that. This gives the buyer room to get the repairs done, and still be on the mark with the value of the bass in the end. This truly sucks for me, but like I said, I dont have time for it. Im working two jobs, and I have zero time to get it to my luthier. Plus the wife says I have too many basses, and Ive decided to finally start listening to her LOL!!!

So, $1000 USD gets it shipped anywhere in the USA. Will come in a Wariwck gig bag. If you want a flight case instead (not the best fit, but it works), its $1050. International would be $1150 shipped in a warwick gig bag. As with anything, we can discuss, etc. Also comes with the Warwick COA.

Here are some pictures:

E510C8FB-9CA5-47AF-A7FD-AFA78BDC176E_zpspw6rybum.jpg

1AC74388-93C8-4F96-A2C1-B6DD3738DA15_zpsrrcnif6o.jpg

75080E1E-6A70-4C11-973C-E8F90FB8E826_zpsbcjhclup.jpg

B525B54A-52FD-4249-9D81-871E58373D0C_zpshp5q6duo.jpg

0EA4728C-2C95-44B3-89CC-2A4E352BCF2C_zpsk426wph9.jpg

Here are some pictures of the battle scars it has:

00X0X_5vIWzNcUrjY_1200x900_zpszwqof88j.jpg

00t0t_fExpAWF3EZI_600x450_zpswcqodcol.jpg

Its a stunning bass, it sounds fantastic, and if I had time for this, I would get it fixed and love it forever.

boston asphalt2

Reaction score
This is temporarily on hold.

Henrythe8

Dolphin Hoarder
Reaction score
You know, I paid 650€ for an 8-strings neck with Ebony, padauk and all... Pretty sure your luthier can make you a new neck with your specs.
OK, it's not all Warwick, but...

boston asphalt2

Reaction score
You know, I paid 650€ for an 8-strings neck with Ebony, padauk and all... Pretty sure your luthier can make you a new neck with your specs.
OK, it's not all Warwick, but...

Ilyeah, I want this bass to be original if I keep it

SynapticGroove

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
Ben
Awesome bass man! If it were a 4, I'd be all over it, neck issues and all. Sorry you have to let it go and GLWTS.

Reaction score
Real Name
Kyle
im still thinking on it, just kinda want to get one and get gigging with it immediately if you know what i mean

Reaction score
I have always loved the look but how does it compare to a normal thumb growl?

boston asphalt2

Reaction score
I'd say it's more thumpy sounding than growly like a typical Thumb. It's a super full sound across the frequency band, unlike the Thumb which is rather mid heavy.

That's my take at least. I'd be curious as to what shaftbass or others who have owned one think.

Reaction score
I have always loved the look but how does it compare to a normal thumb growl?
The dirty blonde doesn't sound like a regular thumb bass at all.
It sounds more like a good precision bass.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A3003 met Tapatalk

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Good luck with the sale BA. Or are you still selling?

Reaction score
Real Name
Alexandr
what is the distance between 26th fret and the string?

boston asphalt2

Reaction score
Yeah it is as if now. Shoot me a message if you're interested

boston asphalt2

Reaction score
Please read the full description if you are interested in this bass. What you are NOT going to find here is the deal if the century! In the end you will find a good deal that once repairs are done, will still be a good deal! But again, please read the entire ad!

Top Bottom