Goodbye Facebook

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I have just deactivated my FB account, in two weeks time everything I have ever posted there will be whiped off the internet. This means I haven't removed any of you from my "friendlist" but I simply do not exist anymore on that awful network.

The reasons for this are several and I will not go into specifics because I want the forum to remain the relaxed place it always has been. Primary reason tho for leaving is the way any nuance in communication between people seems to be lacking on FB and quite frankly a large number are bullying pretty much all the time. I will not be a part of such a depressing environment.

Long story short: If you are looking for me, I will be right here on the forum - a much more relaxed environment then FB will ever be.

Peace!

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Ofc this is a better place.

Here is the place where FUNNYBOT
rules!

boston asphalt2

Official Forum Pain in the Ass
Reaction score
To be fair, your stuff isn't gone forever. Nothing on the Internet, once deleted, is ever gone forever.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Good call, I've done that a couple of time, and started again, with family only, etc.
My aproach now is to simply unfollow (almost) anyone, for no obvious reasons. I think I follow not more than 3-4 people on fb, so I keep it as some sort of messenger :)

Reaction score
Real Name
Chris
Good call, I've done that a couple of time, and started again, with family only, etc.
My aproach now is to simply unfollow (almost) anyone, for no obvious reasons. I think I follow not more than 3-4 people on fb, so I keep it as some sort of messenger :)

Same for me. I've been off and on. On right now. Sigh...

Reaction score
Real Name
Adam
Even though I'm a relative newby on here everyone is pretty cool & relaxed & we all have something in common :D

Dazed

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Well heylz Dimarco welcome to the "I don't do ♣♣♣♣ing Facebook" club?

please have a T-shirt

Reaction score
Me neither. I got in an argument of sorts with my previous gf many years ago when she asked me to make a fb page and i immediately refused. She sez: Why? I sez: It's a CIA conspiracy to mine and sell data. Hmm... turns out I was mostly right.

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
But so you miss such pics!!!

12247880_1040807449283097_261192784336368679_o.jpg

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Aaaaand I'm back on the fb. Local pub owners and musicians I work with asked me to reconsider.
I guess I will have to learn to ignore the stupid responses and posts I come across in there.

Mixed feelings.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
It is reassuring to know I am not the only one with this hate/love thing for the evil FB tho.

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an FB account, but only use it for news from things/companies I like, ie: Framus/Warwick, AC/DC etc.

I don't communicate with anyone (friends etc) on it. If I want to talk to my friends, I'll go down the pub!

Florin

OG
Reaction score
I stopped using Facebook from March this yeat. God, I feel much better. I don't like the way people communicate on Fb, even bands, they talk to us like we are 5 years old!

Top Bottom