new [for me] older rockbass corvette active

Reaction score
hello all im new here just lookin for some info on a bass i inherited from a close friend who just passed away its an older warwick rockbass corvette 4 string its like a see thru black has active pickups and the serial # is rb L 008463-02 any info would be great also missing the truss rod cover was wondering where ican get the newer style? thanks in advance! will post a pic of it later

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
20150815_110335.jpg

Reaction score
Lost truss rod cover this morning think my daughter threw it out.....

Reaction score
Hey - welcome, and nice bass. Very sorry to hear about your friend.

That's as you say, a fairly early Rockbass. Made in December (The L in the serial refers to the 12th month) in 2002. One piece bridge, active pickups. The colour you have is called Nirvana Black. I had a bass virtually identical except it was passive - it was my first Warwick and was great in every way.

Enjoy!

:D

Augie

The Desert Bass-ape
Reaction score
Its a chinese made, alder bodied (IIRC) maple necked bass with MEC pickups. While they were the cheapest options by Warwick at the time, they are pretty good instruments. Build is usually solid, and the pups are good. I remember when these first came out I was working at a guitar shop and these and the passive RB streamers would sell themselves. They totally crap on other basses at the same price point. Enjoy!

Reaction score
Very sorry for the loss of your friend.

He left you a nice axe there. I have the same in active fretless, and it is a solid workhorse. Just keep an eye on the nut when you change strings. Some of them break loose, now and then.

Reaction score
My condolences and welcome to the forum

Nice rockbass and will be the start of a long life love of warwicks !

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss, bass brother...
Don't be fooled by description like "chinese" "cheap" etc... This is simply an awesome instrument, I played one myself.

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss

I agree, its not where the bass i made, but if its a good bass in general, and the Rockbasses are quite good, not near the CS models, but that is still better than a lot of the market!

Top Bottom