Problem: Tuning machine part fell off

Serbian Bassist
Reaction score
I like black headstock without big gold circles on it; although I still wanted gold tuners.
Just my way of small personalisation.

OK, so it is called tailpiece ..

Before they arrived, I assumed construction will be 100% the same (it is NOT) so I planned to retain even that big black screw above tailpiece. But, construction is totally different so Warwick black screw above tailpiece wouldn't fit even in a dream. If I managed to do that, I would have much smaller golden dots on headstock but, hey, I am very satisfied right now. When compared with installed gold tailpiece, this small shift visually made great difference although it is not logic, visually it is much different, the way I like.

Before buying bass from Adrian, I even planned to buy light customised bass and one of few ideas was to have different hardware colour on the body/headstock. Why ? No reason, just, there is no reason not to do it so I did it and now I am sure I like it.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
The tailpiece is that part of the bridge that keeps the strings, you know? So you have Gold tuners and tailpiece and black bridge :) Could look nice :)

Serbian Bassist
Reaction score
Ha ha ha obviously I don't know what is tailpiece :roll:

Reaction score
WEll, gosh dagnabit, it just happened again tuning up at a show. 10 mins before show pop. I was screwed and had to run and get another bass. So pissed. Why can't they make these better? Anyone have a spare laying around in gold for a G string by chance?

Reaction score
Order placed. Thank you for helping me.

6 new Gotoh GB7 it is. Now I wait to see are those GB7 as scarce.
Meanwhile, good old StingRay comes out of the case.

View attachment 19641

Funny, I just played my stingray in lieu of my broken Wick because of the tuner. So frustrating that I have had cheap crap basses that are more reliable than this achllies heal high end bass. Granted I play my Proline exclusively and my last broken tuner was replaced by WW for free. Just hope they can do it again.

Reaction score
...sorry that is happen to you..for me thats a spare part and it costs only 6-10 € per Tuner..so if you want higher quality buy Schaller or Gotoh Tuners....or 5-6 extra spare Part Tuners from Warwick ;)

Reaction score
Real Name
Chris
All I can is for every show:
- Bring a spare tuner
- Bring a spare bass
- Bring a spare cable

That will get you through 99.9999% of problems.

Things break.

Reaction score
I agree, plus sometimes one catches a bad batch. I had to have my Framus tuner ground because a sharp edge would catch and cut the string on the low E, once done it has been fine :)

Reaction score
I agree, plus sometimes one catches a bad batch. I had to have my Framus tuner ground because a sharp edge would catch and cut the string on the low E, once done it has been fine :)

Yeah, well 3 down and 1 more to go if I got a bad batch which seems the case since no same 2 have broken.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Tuners break by accident too, once a tech tuned my B string one octave higher, and ruined my big ass MusicMan tuner. Other time, my bass felt on the head and broke the nut. ♣♣♣♣ happens anyway, you should carry spare parts to be sure.

Top Bottom