Jazzman Streamer - Experiences?

Reaction score
Hey guys...

Like most of you, I have caught the Warwick bug pretty bad and I am contemplating the next addition. I love my currently arsenal and the Jazzman Streamer has caught my eye. Can anyone provide any experience/thoughts about this instrument. I would be looking for a 5-string as well.

Thanks,

Sippi

Reaction score
In my experience all 'wicks play about the same, so it should be pretty similar in playablity to your Corvette. The Streamer body is extremely comfortable sitting or standing.
In terms of sound you can check out the official video on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK2ipdREYco
Overall, it's a pretty slick and versatile bass that I wouldn't mind owning myself.
Hope this helps!

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Hi Sippi,

Streamer Jazzman is a very interesting bass, I mean it sounds different than you expect. I expected to be more in the corvette $$ Zone, but it is actually pretty alive sounding, and has some good Warwick Growl.

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys. Its difficult in S. Florida to try out new wicks and your input definitely brings a level of comfort. Hopefully I can get up to NYC to the custom shop to try one out.

Reaction score
Real Name
Chris
I sold mine because the neck was so fat.

Reaction score
Well its the same as any other standard WW 5 string neck isn't it?

Reaction score
That was going to be my question...what would be the difference between the Jazzman and the Thumb 5 that I own?

Reaction score
Real Name
Chris
The years most were produced were the years Warwick used the thickest necks. Mid-2000 decade. Mine was an 06.

Search the forum for neck profiles.

Augie

The Desert Bass-ape
Reaction score
I am totally loving my jazzman at the mo, its an 05, so its a big fattie when it comes to the neck, but it dig that, big solid sound. In terms of tone, its very clear, low B is not super "tight" sounding like on a thumb i think, probably because the neck pup gives it a little more low end. Big low end, nice clear highs. I find that down-tuned it gets quite burpy in the low end ( i am tuning it ADADG currently) when you dig in, but hold clear when you play lightly, which i like. Not the snarling mids of a thumb, a bit of the sizzle you get in an LX, but more controlled sound than either IMHO. The ash/maple combo with an ovangkol neck is a great timber setup, and the maple "cap" is about 1/3 of the body so it does influence the sound a lot compared to an all ash wick.

Top Bottom