Rockbass vampyre. W logo against Rockbass logo.

Reaction score
Hello! I didn't manage to find similar topic, so please, don't hit me if there is one already.
I'm going to buy "rockbass" vampyre bass, and I wonder, what is the difference between bass with "W" logo and "Rockbass" logo. Is there any quality difference, different electronics or else...?
Please, help!

Florin

OG
Reaction score
If the price is right, then buy it. They are not bad at all. However, the new ones with W are in a different league, better cosntruction, etc. The electronics should be the same, as they were not bad before either, but now you have something that feels like a Warwick...

Reaction score
I agree with Flo. The old ones were good, but the new ones are in a different league. They're getting better and better.

;)

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
+1.

If you find a relly good deal on an "old" RockBass Vampy, go for it. If not, save some bucks and get a newer model (W on headstock, 2-piece bridge), you won´t regret it.

Reaction score
I've taken one with W logo. Going to check this out in a month.
Thanks a lot, men! You make me feel calm about it.

Lady Warwick

Vampyre Spaz
Reaction score
I am more than half way saving to my new RB Vampyre...I can't wait to get one and plug it in

Reaction score
I just got a 2003 (you can track your bass birth date through the serial number) with a Coffin case for a good price and noticed a couple things. The 2003 Rockbass has the Rockbass logo on the headstock and the one piece bridge. The bridge puts the Bad Ass (aftermarket for most basses) to shame. Super thick and well made. So even though I have a Authentic Thumb BO and prefer the two piece bridge I was not at all disappointed with the superman Warwick one piece bridge set up. For the price it is a bad ass machine which is in competition with my Jackson Concert and Steve Harris signature Japanese Fender. The headstock logo used to set apart the Chinese and the German models but no longer. The logo will just give you a heads up on the approximate year of manufacture.

Reaction score
I recently picked up a "used" Vampyre Rock Bass at Guitar Center for 350 bucks. I was a little apprehensive at first. I noticed that the newer Vampyre Rock Basses are built a bit differently. I believe the newer models come with the 2 piece bridge, whereas the older one I bought has just the one piece. The newer ones I believe have a three piece laminated neck, mine has just a one piece.
But after playing it, and considering the price, I had to buy it. While at the store I tried some brand new Ibanez and ESP basses. For the price, I felt that the Vampyre was at as least as good if not better. Fit and finish was much better on the Vampyre than on the Ibanez Soundgear I tried.
If people are selling off their older Rock Basses in favor of the newer one, and you can find a gently used older model, grab it.

Augie

The Desert Bass-ape
Reaction score
Oh ,man you compared even an old rockbass to a standard ibby or LTD? thats pretty unfair on the other basses! :)

I remember it was sooooo easy to sell those things. and for 350 bucks its a steal.'

Enjoy. And if its your first warwick designed instrument: Welcome to the family!

Reaction score
Thanks man. In looking around for a new bass, Warwick kept coming up. Glad I was able to find one for such cheap money.

Reaction score
Congrats on the bass Massquatch . You found it on which GC fella ! Good catch .

Lady Warwick

Vampyre Spaz
Reaction score
I wonder if that was one of the RB vampyres ive watched circulate the stores.....

Just love the bass...youll have fun with it.

Reaction score
Well, I went into the closest GC and they don't stock Warwicks. They called to some of the nearer ones and found a 5-string Vampyre used for about 400 bucks. Im not much of a fan of 5 strings as Ive always played a 4. Went to the store anyway and they had the 4 string that I bought hanging right next to the 5 that they told me about. For 350 and hardly used, I had to pop on it. If the one I bought was used, it was barely used. Few minor finish scratches in the paint where the previous owner had played it using a pick. Aside from that, very, very little wear at all.
Been playing it for a few days and I couldn't be more happy.

Augie

The Desert Bass-ape
Reaction score
If they are minor scratches on a HP finish i have seen good reults with automotive wax or gentle cut/polish compounds. Never doen it myself but a friend of mine scratched a guitar (black HP) when he was working on it and managed to cut it back to good as new with car cyut/polish stuff.

Top Bottom