Sadowsky vs Thumb NT 5 1988

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
The Thumb NT5 is the Thumb NT5 and the Sadowsky is the Sadowsky.

There I win.

Reaction score
The Thumb is the one with the beautiful, growly and unique timber.
Did I win ??

boston asphalt2

Official Forum Pain in the Ass
Reaction score
The both are EQ'd to crap. Question voided ;-)

Reaction score
Wrong, boston asphalt2: one of the two is virtually flat on the EQ.

siderocks

Fatass
Reaction score
Based on laptop speakers, I'd say Thumb is playing the bassline.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Praline

Forum Silly Person
Reaction score
Thumb is playing the lead. The wet sound could be any bass in the world... UNLESS the Sadowsky is a Modern 5. Then I say the Sad is playing the lead.

Reaction score
Hats off to Mr Praline. The real (dry) bassline is a Sadowsky Modern V (and rather a nice one - wasted on my unwieldy hands really). The wet could be anything, as you say; and in fact it is just my old Thumb NT5 1988 (the one in the avatar pic with the weird two-tone grain), suffering the triple humiliation of being (a) played by me, (b) tuned to high c, and (d) processed through my son's guitar amp FX.

Apologies to any who feel they will never get back the minutes they have now wasted on this thread. I was trying out a Zoom R24 recording thingy that my wife gave me for my birthday (she worked out just how to keep me out of the way).

A large Cuban cigar to Mr Praline (subject to import restrictions and me not smoking it first)

Reaction score
Am impressed by Mr Praline's super-keen ears (yay - and sorry I smoked the cigar; but i almost thought about you as i reeled from the Havana hit). As a punishment for those who dissed my EQ (understandably) or mistook the Thumb (much more understandably), here is a short clip with the same offenders plus an acoustic instrument that I actually know how to play (er, compared with bass) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45HO1PGtnpc&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Top Bottom