Becomming endorsed by Warwick

Reaction score
So....let's just say hypothetically someone is interested and motivated enough from playing bass for years and loving Warwick basses in particular to want to become endorsed by them. What exactly goes into this process? I have looked online but cannot find much about this.

Reaction score
Actually, there is a pretty indepth list on the Warwick site about being an Endorsing Artist, in the "Endorser FAQs." I used that list when I applied (and thankfully got accepted) for an endorsement.

Warwick Basses Amps & Rock'n Roll

Last edited by a moderator:

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
This hypothetical person would have my support and I'd wish him the best of luck.

Reaction score
I thought that a bassist had to be well known before Warwick or any other company would be interested in an endorsement. Man I could dig a Warwick endorsement.... I can't get enough of the basses - 4 and counting.

Reaction score
I have around twelve endorsements of varying degrees, and I'm certainly not what you would call "well known." This is purely speculation, but a lot nowadays I feel rests on what the musician in question does. I gig a lot (over 200 times a year on average) locally, have a personal website that lists all my gear as well as FB and Twitter accounts that I use regularly, write articles for a bass related magazine, and like to talk about my gear to anyone that will listen. With all of that, the average gigging musician stands a better chance of promoting a company's product than the well known ones.

Of course with Warwick, having a love for the company and its instruments since I first bought my used Corvette back in 1997 was a driving force in me even approaching them. Not being a "fair weather friend" on this helps too; if I would've been turned down, I'd still be playing Warwicks. I hear a lot of stories from a friend (who's an Artist Rep) about getting emails from musicians saying how excited they are to be working with _______, to which the company's name is NOT the one he works for.

Part of the endorsement is business, sure. But a lot of it is the relationship with a company that you're not only happy to use their gear, but are excited and want to tell people why it's the best.

Reaction score
To help illustrate my points, here are two other companies that have their endorsement info readily available. The EBS one raises some good questions that potential endorsees (for any company) should ask themselves prior to approaching, and I just love the frankness of the ProTone guys.

EBS Sweden AB - How to Become an EBS Artist

Reaction score
Thank you guys so much for the responses. The hypothetical person very much appreciates it.

Lady Warwick

Vampyre Spaz
Reaction score
Omg I would love to be an endorser, even for beginners and endorse Rockbass

Reaction score
Free gear is a plus, but really should never be the driving force behind wanting to obtain an endorsement with ANY company. Supporting and playing the gear of a company that you respect and admire is going to get you farther than just wanting to get free stuff.

Lady Warwick

Vampyre Spaz
Reaction score
Uh whoever said I wanted free gear? I love the product, I believe in them and even if I got nothing I would still endorse Warwick.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
In mother Russia player endorses Warwick!

Reaction score
Uh whoever said I wanted free gear? I love the product, I believe in them and even if I got nothing I would still endorse Warwick.

My comment was definitely not aimed at you, but the person who pretty much said "Warwick doesn't give out free gear, so I'm going to check out ESP instead." Sorry if there was any confusion.

Augie

The Desert Bass-ape
Reaction score
Me neither! simply because I am not in a signed band, doing studio work, touring or regularly on TV means they wont endorse me either. Not fair huh?

Lady Warwick

Vampyre Spaz
Reaction score
My comment was definitely not aimed at you, but the person who pretty much said "Warwick doesn't give out free gear, so I'm going to check out ESP instead." Sorry if there was any confusion.
Ok 10-4 I'm reading on a tiny iPhone so I read it wrong lol

Either way, endorser or not I still encourage newbies to check out Rockbasses to start with.

(should have my RB Vampyre by summer, $300 saved!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
i think being an endorser is cool and show yer love for your bass.

sadly tho in this part of the world, south asia really need an active endorser and evangelist for warwick basses.i reckon i am on the only few folks in this part of the world to use warwick exclusively and tour with it and discuss gears with whoever wanan listen and do the usual banter of Wick vs Fender, Wick vs ESP, Wicks vs Yammy, attend bass day to let other folks try it, etc.. as well. but sadly all my wicks are import either from Europe or USA. the local distributor doesn;t seem to care abt the brand or getting folks to at least try our 'em warwicks, which the brand lacks visibility, ppl know abt the brand, they heard the bass but they never actually see it around the local gigs, etc..etc..

its kinda sad when i go to a session pick up my wick and the guitarist start asking me what kinda bass is that? and ask me why i use that cheap bass and dun spend more and invest in a fender instead. i was like .......

Lady Warwick

Vampyre Spaz
Reaction score
Fender is way overpriced but theyre nice players, but if I had $1500 Warwick would be getting it. There's a sweet feeling when playing something solid & substantial with a sound that gets attention.

Reaction score
One of my friends had an endorsement deal with Gibson. To even get their attention he had to play at least 100 shows a year, have a pretty good resume (education, sessions, big shows, etc), be willing to give clinics (he was never asked to), and his myspace page had to have a certain amount of traffic. He was able to get his instruments at cost and got free strings. However, he broke their endorsement when they were raided a few years ago, saying "it wasn't worth it at that point." He's since sold off his Gibsons and is moving to PRS. Good move, IMO. He still has a deal with Vox amps and said it was about the same process but they treat him much more respectfully. He doesn't get the amps at cost but he gets free repair work and a pretty good discount on new gear.

As for Warwick, I'm pretty sure it's a very similar application - Play a certain number of shows a year, have a bit of renown, and be a good player. If you go to the main page there's a section under the Artists tab called "Endorsement FAQs." I don't know what the perks and discounts are but from talking with some endorsers on TB they've said the artist relations staff are very considerate and top notch. While I play Warwick basses exclusively I know I'm nowhere near the caliber to score an endorsement deal, but hey, nothing wrong with being a fan!

Top Bottom