How is everybody?

Mr.Demeter

Warwick Endorser
Reaction score
So nice to read through your stories, especially 'cuz I haven't really posted much in a while, except for a couple of vids and a few words in the warwick clips section.
As an update on my current endeavours I can tell you that I moved to Bucharest and started gigging again with the jazzfunk/neosoul band I used to play called SLANG
I brought my job with me, I work as a motiongraphics/video artist for a firm from my hometown, I work online, from home, which is new for me and quite interesting till now.
The gigs are coming slowly but surely and it's real fun and inspiring to get back in the music business, even more so now that I feel that I have matured a bit and see things in a whole new way.
SLANG was the band where I learned the most as a musician, so I'm really looking forward to getting out there and playing my ass off again.
And above all I'm really curious where we can take the music we are playing and where it can take us :)

Attachments

• slang@unora le place.jpg
    slang@unora le place.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 215
Reaction score
sorry . i was having a serious health issue and it beat me down pretty good

Florin

OG
Reaction score
I hope you are well now buddy!

Reaction score
Hi all, its been a long time since i posted on this forum.

The reason i stopped coming here was mostly because due to some monetary problems i had to sell my FNA Jazzman
and i felt weird coming here and not to own a Wick.

Hopefully i will have another Warwick soon, im just waiting for the right deal at the right time ;)

See you guys.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Rano, one of the most active members here, MOB, never had a Warwick, haha! We like to see this as a "Bass Forum" not a "Warwick Bass Forum"

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
I started here MANY years before I bought my first W, so...

;)

Reaction score
Rano, one of the most active members here, MOB, never had a Warwick, haha! We like to see this as a "Bass Forum" not a "Warwick Bass Forum"

A healthy obsession with Warwicks is all you need! :p hehe

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Same here, I 've been a member since February 2006, I got my first Warwick on December 2008.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I think I was the same. Posting for a few years before I got the thumb :D

Lex

Warwick Endorser
Reaction score
You know next year is 30th Anniversary? We should have that tequila suicide together, as we are far better friend now mate :)
Also the chicken dance!

Thanks for the heads up LEX, I miss the times when you were more on the forum with us, but I am happy to see you going up -)

FLO — I WILL BE THERE FOR SURE!!!!!! I can't believe it's 5 years since I was in Germany for the 25th!

I will try and post more often and give you updates :) Also some Eu tour dates wink wink

Mr Praline

Forum Silly Person
Reaction score
FLO — I WILL BE THERE FOR SURE!!!!!! I can't believe it's 5 years since I was in Germany for the 25th!

I will try and post more often and give you updates :) Also some Eu tour dates wink wink
It would really be awesome if we could all hang out together at Frankfurt, or even in Markneukirchen if there is a special anniversary celebration there.

Lex

Warwick Endorser
Reaction score
Yeah I'd love to spend a couple of days in Frankfurt

Reaction score
Just to toss in some of my words ;)

Facebook - the thing I use for bookmarking funny clips and great songs by posting them? :D

Nah, I'm still around pretty much - just not posting a lot, because I'm often to late to contribute something usefull.
My notebook decided to go to hell last week, so I had quite problems backupping and as I had to buy a new one, there's much less beer the next few weeks I could afford ;).
Uni ♣♣♣♣ed up my summer with tough exams, so I also failed in one of them - not really unexpected, because I wasn't willing to go for it anymore. Just a little overworked and pissed, so I didn't finish last semester to go on with the master - I have to repeat the exam somewhere beginning next year (they should go to hell if they schedule them during musikmesse!) - but can't start master courses till october next year. So I'm using my "spare time" looking for nice internships. Some interviews in pretty cool companys coming up.

My equipment is unchanged, still playing my two extremely great basses the $$NT and my customshop baby.
Actually I'm in a really promising band right now, things getting pretty good - just have to get a possibility to get something nice recorded. Right now both my guitar players are in holidays (or to be exact, the first one for 4 weeks - then the other one for 5.... yeah, their timing in the songs is also that bad....) - so,... waiting.
As soon as I get the new PC running properly with recording tools and whatever, I'll show up more often. At least in the "can you do it?" thread :)

Anyhow - I'll try my best to be in Frankfurt again. So... see ya all there ;)

Reaction score
Hi everybody!
I'm pretty new here, I just got myself a Warwick a few weeks ago and registered immediately :) I check in every couple of days to see if there's anything new. I'll tell you a little about myself just as an introduction... I'm 36, from Stavanger, Norway, I work for a large broadband provider, and I live in a small house with a turtle, my GF and our 7 month old baby girl :)

Musically, I'm doing very good, I play bass in 3 bands at the moment:
Hellhole - old skool thrash metal
Sting of Dispair - atmospheric doom/metal (we like to call it a cross between Pink Floyd an My Dying Bride :D )
Third Avenue - pop/rock, I also play quite a bit of guitar in this band

So I'm pretty active musically, just finished a demo with Sting of Dispair, studio work with Third Avenue and a gig coming up, gigs with Hellhole, and I join in live on guitar with my good friends in Sleepyard when they have gigs, just improv/drone music.

I'm not really a bass collector, although my GF would say otherwise :) My gear is:
Warwick SSII, 1987
Fender Jazz fretless
Warmoth Thunderbird 8-string
Warmoth/Chandler PJ-bass 8-string
Frankenbass/parts-precision bass

Usually run through a Trace Elliot stack with two 4x10" cabs, with the metal bands I also use an EBS MultiDrive (for the 8-strings), a T-Rex Mudhoney (for the Warwick) and an MXR Phase 90. Pretty happy with my rig, but I want to try out some BIG tube bass heads.

Reaction score
Hey everybody.

Im here quite often but Im not a very talkative guy. Just reading what everybody else is saying goes a long way for me =).
Lifes good here in Skellefteå in northern Sweden. I still got my streamer and corvette. Changed my profession earlier this year so now Im a design enginner. When I dont hang around here or playing with my son and girlfriend Im trying to write my own music. I will try to be more chatty in the future and maybe have a go at the Can you do it thread =).

Se ya

Reaction score
News... Playing in a broadway musical tonight, getting better and better gigs, making lots of well connected friends. Doing better, Wife is doing well. Can't complain!

Wow, life is good for you man!

As for me, i've just been invited into a melodic death metal band so now i'm looking for a 5'er. But, I also got into my school's jazz ensemble so i need an upright or fretless jaco-type bass. And yet another problem, I am sick of this GK hunk of doody that sounds like elephant sex and i need a new amp. I NEED MOAR MONEYZ!...why doesn't anybody hire dudes with long hair?

Reaction score
This year has been a bit of an up-and-down kind of year. Lots of family (kid) problems, but the music has been good. I'm still playing in my rock band, where I use my Corvette most of the time. We had some personnel changes, but it worked out very much for the better. Not only am I getting to play more of the music I really like, I'm doing quite a bit of singing as well. I also do some pickup work in country bands, and am getting a chance to do some recording with the Nashville songwriter I used to play with. So...that's all good.

However, I'm having some hand issues with my fretting hand that may curtail my playing for a while. I've met with a hand surgeon, and I may have to go that route in order to restore enough function to my ring finger. In any case, I'm getting by for now, but it may take the surgery before I get back close to 100%. Wish me luck with that!

Right now, I'm playing 2 - 4 times a month and am getting better/higher paying gigs. I guess I can't complain!

Reaction score
Well hello Flo, this was a nice little email to get:) I recently leveled the ♣♣♣♣ up, basically.
I got a Mesa Boogie M9 Carbine and a MB Powerhouse cab, 4x10 + 1x15:-D and i put Dark Lords on my (also) recently bought 5-string Thumb, making for one HELL of a badass setup.

The progressive death metal band I've been struggling to get off the ground with my guitarist for the past year is finally coming together, we've moved from the Guitar Pro phase to Jam Space, hooray! Hopefully this time we can get from Jam Space to Tour phase this time, 5th time's a charm!
If i knew anything about HTML aside from how to spell it, I'd post a picture of my new stuff!

Top Bottom