What the Heck is Warwick Doing With Their Low-End Cabs??

Reaction score
I wanted to purchase a NEO 410 and 115 and found that they have discontinued them and replaced by a pair of child's play cabs! 300 watt capacity?? Oh right! I'l just connect my TubePath 10.1 and crank it up and then when the speakers blow, I will send them back to Warwick!!

Geez-SUS man... they delete all their quality stuff except the Hellborg which *I* will never afford to be replaced by really low end kid's quip!

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I use 300w cabs myself with a 600w amp. Man its LOUD! and punchy as hell!
Did you check the specs at all? How much dB at 1watt from those cabs?

Amounts of watts (by themselves) don't mean a thing.

Reaction score
I use 300w cabs myself with a 600w amp. Man its LOUD! and punchy as hell!
Did you check the specs at all? How much dB at 1watt from those cabs?

Amounts of watts (by themselves) don't mean a thing.

Yah, but I just don't understand why Warwick made the TubePath 10.1 at 1000 watts and don't have any cabs that match to spec.

Reaction score
I understand your frustration ;) It does seem like Warwick's cab range is very limited now compared to the old range. I'm sorry the WCA211 Pro has gone - it's my favourite Warwick cab.

I have a couple of points:

Firstly, at this time, it seems the Tubepath (and X-Treme) heads are discontinued, however I have heard a rumour that there may be a Tubepath replacement in the pipeline (I don't know about the X-Treme... that spot (high end solid state) may just be filled by Hellborg), and I don't know - but maybe Warwick is intending to announce some more cabinets then?

I do hope so.

As it stands though, the current line (WCA115 and WCA410) of cabs suit the current line of amps (WA300, WA600) quite nicely - almost perfectly you could say! I certainly wouldn't call them low end kid's equipment.

Having said that, I think the WCA410 paired with a WCA115 would be a great match for a Tubepath, or X-Treme, or two WCA410 cabs would be a killer configuration and well suited to that head, so you certainly do have some very good options.

Having said that, a single WCA410 will handle a Tubepath 10.1 very nicely by itself as long as you're sensible with the volume control and don't crank it. My X-Treme 10.1 sounds wonderful with a single WCA211 Pro cab... I just remember to be careful with the volume dial.

;)

... and no, it won't be Warwick's fault if you buy a WCA115 cab and blow it up by cranking your Tubepath 10.1 head... it's your responsibility to educate yourself as a user on how to use the equipment properly. There's nothing to say your cab's power handling capacity needs to be larger than your head's RMS output power... use the head appropriately and leave yourself some headroom.

:d

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
... and no, it won't be Warwick's fault if you buy a WCA115 cab and blow it up by cranking your Tubepath 10.1 head... it's your responsibility to educate yourself as a user on how to use the equipment properly. There's nothing to say your cab's power handling capacity needs to be larger than your head's RMS output power... use the head appropriately and leave yourself some headroom.

Hey man... thanks for the reply! But I have to say that I was just being sarcastic. I know not to crank the head through a lower wattage cab. But my point is is that they don't even make cabs to handle their high wattage amps. Even the pro line wasn't rated that high, unless you play through 2-411's.

Reaction score
You don't need more power handling capacity in your cab than your head's RMS power output if you use the head sensibly, one cab @ 8 ohms isn't going to draw the maximum power from a head, and with two cabinets you're right up there anyway.

Also, the high wattage amps you're referring to have been discontinued, so they actually do make cabs to suit (perfectly) their high wattage amp (which at this point is the WA600).

;)

Like I said, I do hope Warwick release some more cabs, with the Tubepath replacement if the rumour I heard is true, and hopefully an X-Treme replacement too... The Hellborg is lovely by all reports, but out of my price range.

;)

But I honestly don't think the cab situation is as bad as you mentioned in your first post.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
It is good to have plenty o' headroom in your amp. A clipping amp (because it doesn't have enough power) will break your speakers more easy then your mighty tubepath will.

In your case there is no problem whatsoever afaik.

Reaction score
There's still loads of the Pro cabs in dealers & will be for some time.
A new line of gear doesnt mean all the discontinued stuff is thrown into the rubbish.
If you want Pro or neo cabs, simply find some & buy them.
As for the new range being low end cheap kids gear, that's simply bull♣♣♣♣.
One bad experience with one customer doesnt automatically mean a product is bad. There's alotta things that can blow speakers, & not att are a direct result of the amp or it's power.
Dont make the mistake of thinking 300 watts means they're weak as piss.
Wattage doesnt equate to headroom, volume or whatever ya wanna call it.
I suggest get your speakers fixed, replaced or whatever, find out the real reason this happenned, then go off half cocked. That's the way I'd do it.
Good luck.

Reaction score
Not guna lie, i have been wondering why all the change too. Just out of curiosity really? tryed looking around for info and in here too but cant find anything,

Just wondered why the Jump from 1000 watts to 600 with the heads?

Reaction score
This is starting to sound like a hot rodder's thread where we all start arguing about horsepower and not how well the horsepower is being utilized.

Reaction score
Ill be the 1st to admit i know sweet fa about watts in comparison to Db so im very primative and cave man like thinking (and you need to do the cave man voice for this or it dosnt work) mmmm, Power, Lots of power. 1000watts mmmm me like!!!! :lol:

And imo there aint a company out theres whos as in to bass guitars as warwick (my opinion) so id like to think theres clever reasoning for making the step as well as improving on the old line, Just curious as to what it is as i flipping love my xtreme, tube path and neo cabs :D

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Hi Harry, Have you ever used 1000 W Tubepath with two 411 Pro cabinets (let's say...)

I have used it for 2 years I guess. Even for stadiums at 1- 2 o clock my ears were bleeding, it was TOO loud.

But back to your question - they have not replaced Tubepath nd Xtreme with the new mplifiction.
The new models are semi- professional, so they replced (and seriously upgraded) de Pro - Fet series. The biggest am ws 500W, now it is 600 W.

Our professionl line is Hellborg system, and you can have as many watts as you want, by adding amplifiers :)

Reaction score
Hey Florin

I Have Tubepath 5.1 and Xtreme 10.1 with the neo cabs :D

Flipping love the set up and really want to invest in the pro cabs when money allows.

Same with you on the never goes past 1-2 oclock position.

I See where your going now with them replacing the profets :)

Is there anything in the pipeline for a replacement for the tubepath and xtreme?

Reaction score
In one sense i want to say woooo cant wait, but in another i want to say please dont, your ruining my bank account as it is LOL

Reaction score
Nothing to declare, haha :)

New Tubepath?!! But I just discovered the old Tubepath and it absolutely kicks ass, I can't imagine an improved version!!!

As for this concern about watts and ohms yahdayahda, I gotta say 95% of the venues I play in run through a DI box, I don't think I even need to take a cab along if I didn't want to........and when I do take my cab, its only the smallest WCA cab (211 pro) and it handles my 500 watt Tubepath fine.

Having said all that, I do think the current warwick amp line up is a little limited.....but I shall certainly be keeping an eye out for some new editions :d

Reaction score
Too be honest I just discovered the joy of all valve. For the first time in a while I have no GAS for any other amps.

It's not about horse power it's about torque!!!

Reaction score
Heh Guys!
I have recently started playing bass again after a lapse of 15 years. I have been mostly playing guitar/keyboards during that time. Anyway, I am now shopping around for a bass amp and cabinets. I used Ampeg amps/cabs in the past for a traditional/vintage sound and Hartke amps/cabs for a more modern sound.
I am however, now interested in either Warwick or TC Electronic bass equipment. I am considering getting the X-Treme 5.1 and pairing that head with a Warwick 811 ND (8x10 cab) or else matching the X-Treme 5.1 with the new Warwick WCA 115 (300W @ 8ohm) cab & Warwick WCA 410 (400W @ 8 ohm) cab and I am also considering getting the new Warwick WA 600 Head as a back-up. So, I was wondering which set-up (8x10 cab or 1x15 & 4x10 cabs) would provide more low-end with a good punch? I am new to Warwick equipment so any advice would be much appreciated... Thanks! :)

Reaction score
I still have the old 115 and 210 Pro cabs and like them a lot. I like the steel grill as well, helps against rowdies on stage :)

Curious on how the new range develops, but as long as I can get a sweet 15" box fro that dry wooden tone, I am game and work around the rest 8:

Reaction score
Heh Guys!
I have recently started playing bass again after a lapse of 15 years. I have been mostly playing guitar/keyboards during that time. Anyway, I am now shopping around for a bass amp and cabinets. I used Ampeg amps/cabs in the past for a traditional/vintage sound and Hartke amps/cabs for a more modern sound.
I am however, now interested in either Warwick or TC Electronic bass equipment. I am considering getting the X-Treme 5.1 and pairing that head with a Warwick 811 ND (8x10 cab) or else matching the X-Treme 5.1 with the new Warwick WCA 115 (300W @ 8ohm) cab & Warwick WCA 410 (400W @ 8 ohm) cab and I am also considering getting the new Warwick WA 600 Head as a back-up. So, I was wondering which set-up (8x10 cab or 1x15 & 4x10 cabs) would provide more low-end with a good punch? I am new to Warwick equipment so any advice would be much appreciated... Thanks! :)

Personally, I'd go with the 115 & 410 combination if it's low end & punch you're after. That way, you could always just take one cab to practice rather than lug an 810 everywhere ya go. That's not to say the 810 ND is any less punchy or has less low end.
Now as for the heads, I'd seriously consider the Tubepath over the X-treme, which gives you the freedom to have an all tube sounding head, as well as a solid state. I cant speak for the WA 600 coz I havent had the plesure to try one out, yet.
G'luck there mate.

Top Bottom