BPR's Mockups

BassPlyr Randy

Long Winded SOB
Reaction score
After having seen Ian's beautiful work, I had to try it ... Then I read his post to Florin explaining how he did it, then I really had to try it. Thanks for sharing the process Ian. The History Brush; another tool I didn't even realize it exsisted, yet alone what it did .. hahaha Not as good as yours, but here's my first attempt.

BassPlyr Randy

Long Winded SOB
Reaction score
Thanks Tyler, but actually, its so easy to do. When I saw Ian's pictures I thought wow, that looks amazing and at first couldn't figure out eactly what he did or how he did it. Then I read his post where he said how it was done, and once again realized how little I really know about photoshop. Yet another tool I didn't even know that exsisted. So I started to go through some online tutorials hoping to learn some of the basics. OMG, to find out there are ways of doing things in minutes that used to take me a hour or more. Until the battleaxe bass mockup Im currently trying to work on, Ive never even used one of the filters yet. You know, me fumbling around in photoshop is alot like me fubling around in Sonar Producer. I have no idea what I am doing, and it seems, the more I learn, the more I realize I don't have a clue what Im doing.

BassPlyr Randy

Long Winded SOB
Reaction score
OK ... reading through threads I somehow missed the first time, I found a statement by a forum member that he would like to see a single cut bass that was based on the Streamer. Since this statement was made by an active forum member, Warwick endorser, Kick ass bass player, all around good guy, and it was a mockup I knew I could at least make an attempt at, I decieded, why not. So here it is, a Single Cut Streamer ...

And of Coarse, got see him playing it ....

Ah, but something looks oddly wrong with this picture .... That is Lex after all .......

Ah, That is more like it!

BassPlyr Randy

Long Winded SOB
Reaction score
As seen in the .

Again, Congratz Lex ... I really don't mean to make light of it, it's a helluva accomplishment!

Reaction score
:lol:
Yeah, the beard hides the fact I have more chins than a Chinese phone book.

Negyuh

total winker ;-)
Reaction score
Randy's famous mockups, they are really one of a kind :)

BassPlyr Randy

Long Winded SOB
Reaction score
Hahahahaha..... should I assume those are not man boobs but rather a couple more chins? hahaha Since this is the first people have seen of this mockup of Greg, everyone thinks its new, but it's not. hehehe But the original, a full body mockup, was just a little too rude to post previously, so only Greg has ever seen it before. Well him and Zakk. Im sure after seeing the bottom half of this mockup, Zakk probably won't ever touch a beer. Hahahaha

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
OMGWTFBBQ. Good stuff man, keep em comin'!

Lex

Warwick Endorser
Reaction score
Ooo I want a solid white Thumb SC!

Negyuh

total winker ;-)
Reaction score
Hey Randy great mockup and thanks for the little attention you did to others too ;)

BassPlyr Randy

Long Winded SOB
Reaction score
HELP!

Hey, Great Photoshop Guru's, can someone help me? Been looking on the net and can't find an answer anywhere.

I need help with moving an object. Actually I am changing the angle I guess and have been using free transform to turn it, but that is such a pain. What I actually need is to be able to anchor one end of my object then be able to move the other end to basically swivel from the anchor point. Basically what I am trying to do, is anchor a bass string at a point on the bridge then be able to swivel it from that point to line it up to a specific point at the nut.

Thanks in advance for any/all help

BassPlyr Randy

Long Winded SOB
Reaction score
Well, I have been working on a couple other non-wick mocks, but out of no where I started working on my Wick Parts File and started cleaning up and redrawing a lot of my wick parts. Im still in deperate need of some decent looking knobs, but I am very happy with my new bridges. Also sporting new tuners, pegs and machines, brass jan III, strap buttons. I also started redoing my body templates trying to fix the the problem I had with NT vs BO bodies. I think they are alot closer, please let me know what you think. I also figured out how to use the ruler in photoshop (I told ya I skipped the basics) and found while my scale on my previous mockups were close, 33 1/4 - 33 1/2 inches, my mockups are actually 34 inch scale. Since I never put any thought to it before except for eyeballing it, I was actually surprised they were that close.

Anyway, I am tired of slaving over all my parts, each part in 3 different colors and most parts are also 3 different string configs as well, so I decieded to post a couple new mockups and see what ya all think of the new parts. Remember, the knobs are still pretty bad, but what do ya think of the rest. Im especially interested in your opinions of how Im doing between NT and BO, have I finally crossed that hurdle? Please let me know what you all think ... thanks.

Top Bottom