Amp Dilemma

Reaction score
Hang on a minute!
Problem solved, though, at least for now. Ashdown 4x10 combo and 1x15 extension cab.

I thought you said you didn't need a stack!! :)

Me...I've got an Ashdown ABM 500w 2x10 combo and it does great for most of the gigs I do (typical pub/function gigs). If I need more I'll chuck it through the PA.

Doc

Reaction score
Hey Giles, I don't. :)

Actually, I jumped the gun on that post as I was set to get the equipment I mentioned then I found a combo. I have ended up settling on a Trace Elliott 7215 SMC plus a 2x10 extension (just in case).

I like the midrange of the Trace and hopefully it'll be the end of my issues.

da-vonk

Warwick Enthusiast forevah
Reaction score
Ha...congratulationz on yo new amp then Doc...8:

Doc

Reaction score
After three gigs, I have to say, my Trace Elliot is absolutely positively the most vicious setup I've ever had. My good God that thing is a beast. And the sound is amazing - I have a slight frown on the internal EQ and send it to the board 'post' - sound guy sets me flat and then tweaks a bit from there. No more click, no more boom, just pure anadulterated 'Wickiness. Plus it looks really cool - love the green.

Reaction score
Trace Elliot's are beasts! Heck, that's an understatement! TE is currently owned by Peavey, and in case no one here has been curious enough to try, their stuff is killer! Methinks Peavey IS the bang for buck company these days, Trace included.

Congrats man, hope you beat the hell outta her for many years to come! (Who would've thought that could be a positive thing to say!? Lol.)

Reaction score
Trace Elliot?..........each to his own!
I tried a top of the range trace the other week with my old warwick tube 6 the cab nearly died!
anyway if you have managed to get your ultimate set up good on ya

Doc

Reaction score
Hey, Ryan, I didn't know Peavey owns TE. I still have an old Mark III Peavey head with a GK 2x10 and 1x15 that I use as a beater. That head has been dropped, kicked, drop-kicked, spilt on, dropped on, split-kicked...

You get the picture: indestructible.

And Ned, shouldn't you be using Acoustic amps? :)

Reaction score
yes Doc I should be using acoustic amp but think my warwick tube 6 sounded better?
I should be using JPJ's old Hohner keyboard, but if you saw one you would probably say
the same as me **** that. ha ha
Peavey? I have an old Peavey pro session bass amp in my collection and as you say they
Peavey are good reliable.

Top Bottom