fortress one prices

Reaction score
just curious about the original prices for a fortress one? Ive got a '94 fortress one, natural finish ovangkol/wenge neck, P/J pups with 2 band eq chrome hardware, also a '96 fortress masterman flamed maple neck rosewood board gold hardware active eq.

both are 4 string, i bought the '94 new but cant remember what i paid, ive just acquired the '96 though.

Just wondering what the values were of these when new as renewing house insurance so don't know if i need to declare these as over the £1000 threshold!!!

Anyone any idea??

Reaction score
There are a couple on US ebay for ~US$800-900. I just sold my 5 string F1 for $900 shipping included. It might be different for your market/area, but that's my input. :)

Reaction score
Here in Italy I see a lot of 4 string Fortresses going for 450 euros,while 5 strings are usually sold for 550-600 euros.

Reaction score
cheers guys, i know they ain't gettinh high prices second hand these days, but what i'm really after is a comparable 'new' price. I love these but if i lost them or they got nicked then whta sort of price would i need to declare them as to replace them under the insurance? i notoce that the vets are around the £1000 mark, so as these are irreplaceabe then should i declare their values as £1000 each to the insurance company?

Reaction score
Hey Pal, welcome to the forum. The new price of your Fortress would have been between £700 - £900, but remember this is in 'old money' (so to speak) as £700 back in 1994 was worth quite a bit more than it is now, if you get my drift. The other thing to remember is that the Fortress series are no longer produced, therefore a direct replacement would have to come from the custom shop, which would cost a lot more (I think about £1500, check out the Fortresses in the CS gallary on the warwick site for exact prices).

The way I look at it (being a fortress owner myself) is that if my Fortress was stolen it would probably be replaced by the nearest thing by the insurance company (price-wise!!) which would be a Corvette standard. If you can live with that, then I wouldn't worry too much. If not, it might be worth checking out the most recent CS price list to see how much it would cost to have a Fortress made, and then insuring your baby for whatever that price is.

Hope that helps, apologies if I'm rambling incoherently, I'm on the nightshift again and its 5:00am lol.

verb

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi..
welcome to the forum..
check out post no 95 on page 3 of the fortress club in warwick basses for some original fortress prices.
I priced up my F1 with maple neck on the CS price list once...I stopped adding at £2500 :)

verb

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom