Mudvayne - Self Titled Album

Reaction score
Well i picked up Mudvaynes latest album on friday night and i gotta say its a fantastic album!
I think JB HI FI stocked them too early coz its not spose to be out till today :lol:
anyway, its very much in the style of their previous album The New Game but even better.
Fantastic bass lines, as you would expect from Ryan. I think he might be using a delay pedal in one of the songs but im not sure. it could just be the way he plays.
Theres also some odd time signatures and even in one song (i think) the bass is in a different time signature to the guitar.

anyone else had a listen to it?
great album for any Mudvayne fan.

Have a great Christmas, guys!

- Tom

Ian

The Undecided Frog
Reaction score
They lost me after "Lost and found", but I'm gonna give this album a try. I didnt really enjoyed The New Game...

Reaction score
i reckon its a bit heavier then The New Game.
I gotta listen to it more tho. defenatly worth checking out from what ive listened to!

Reaction score
It's still Mudvayne. The only great thing about them is the bass and drums (sorry to offend the die hard fans).

Reaction score
I ll check it out Tom...loved LD50 but haven't tuned into any of their later stuff..Ryan is a fantastic bass player and i find his style and sound really interesting.

Reaction score
K, well i thought this cd was quite a bit like their previous cd, but im not surprised since 5 or 6 of these songs were actually leftovers from the new game. But, it was still pretty good, even tho some of the songs were basically "a new game continued" and the songs that didnt feel like that felt like a step in the right direction. So yea, its definently not LD50, but at least they stopped continuing to head downhill w/ each cd.Not to mention the basslines are more prominent and just better when compared to a new game.
Anyone who hasnt heard this cd yet should definently check it out.

Top Bottom