What am I missing by NOT having an SSII?

golem

Philosopher King
Reaction score

Go back to sleep and read the
back side of the headstock !

Mine says, via yet another
stuck-on sticker:

"Made in Fullerton, California,
Deutsche Demokratische Republik"

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Haha! :lol:

I hope I never stumble across a deal on a mahogany-bodied G&L... they bare plenty of similarities to my beloved Wals, for which I'm a powerless to fight reaching for my wallet... :p

golem

Philosopher King
Reaction score

Mmmmnnnnnn ..... Hawwwwgg!

Mmmmn .... Hummmmbugguh !​

Attachments

• HogRay_WL01.jpg
    HogRay_WL01.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 189
Reaction score
:twisted: :twisted:

Attachments

• 1wal.jpg
    1wal.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 208
  • 2Wal.jpg
    2Wal.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 203

golem

Philosopher King
Reaction score

Waaaay see-rious lookin axen ! Scarey !

Uhhhmmnnn .... soooo .... do they sound like:

" between an SSII, Thumb NT5 and Corvette $$ 5 "

golem

Philosopher King
Reaction score

Noooo .... !!!!!

Go TJ-TJ SS2 !

Why fuggaround ?

Reaction score
To all Hog heads:

What is the allure? Does it have qualities other woods don't?
Never played anything Hog, but I remember hearing it has a tone that is thick like Beyonce.

I planned on goin down to the NYC HQ to play the '09 Vette ltd. to get a sense of the MM bridge pup slid back closer to the bridge. It has a hog body so 2 birds, 1 stone.

Reaction score
noodles said:
To all Hog heads:

What is the allure? Does it have qualities other woods don't?
Never played anything Hog, but I remember hearing it has a tone that is thick like Beyonce.

You answered your own question... ;)

I planned on goin down to the NYC HQ to play the '09 Vette ltd. to get a sense of the MM bridge pup slid back closer to the bridge. It has a hog body so 2 birds, 1 stone.

My favorite Warwick, hands down... :d

Reaction score
I better watch my step... I entered in this thread with the confession "I'm a total Warwick impostor" and now I'm just pushing my luck. :p

Certainly the traditional Warwickian is more interested in midrange-focused woods and active Jazz pickups... and there's nothing wrong with that.

Reaction score
SSII ownage: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h0fvS5kqGk]YouTube - Incubus - Circles[/ame]

Reaction score
another very important input between ss1 and 2 is the string spacing on the 5strings: ss1: 16.5mm with jj-pu and ss2 20mm with hh-pu!!!

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
correct herb, only it's the other way round ;)

Reaction score
ever saw one of those VW beetle street sleepers ?
it looks like a normal beetle, but it has the engine of a porsche 911 built in !

it's something similar with the SSII:
yet another bass in the spector / streamer family, yet another bass with dark woods, yet another bass with jazz-style pickups.
but it's one of those sleepers... as soon as you help it escape from the music store and put new strings on, you'll realize why this is one of those basses that are misunderstood most of the time.

did you notice, that there are not a lot of SSII sold second hand ?
there are SSI, thumbs, and corvettes, but the SSII is such a special machine, that you just can't give it away...

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
it looks like a normal beetle, but it has the engine of a porsche 911 built in !

yet another bass in the spector / streamer family, yet another bass with dark woods, yet another bass with jazz-style pickups.
but it's one of those sleepers... as soon as you help it escape from the music store and put new strings on, you'll realize why this is one of those basses that are misunderstood most of the time.

there are SSI, thumbs, and corvettes, but the SSII is such a special machine, that you just can't give it away...

I didn't get the beetle analogy... How do you mean misunderstood? And it's a good observation that SS2s are sold a lot second hand... Why? :?:

Florin

OG
Reaction score

That's a good observation iuserneim :) Indeed, the SSII has something extra. Like... no other bass will really impress you if you have a SSII.

" Hey, I got a Fodera!!!"
" Good for you!"
:)

Morgoth

Sir Paul of Thumbalot
Reaction score
So, is the SSII even more X-trem compared to the Thumb? : drool:

Top Bottom