Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first post here after 2 years of owning A warwick bass amp!
I have a Warwick Profet 5.2 and the matching black 600w 4x10 cabinet (can't remember the model no)
I would like to add on another cabinet - probably a 2x10, mainly because with the deep / bass switch I get great thumping bass already and don't really need a 1x15.
What mimimum wattage cabinet would I need and would it need to be 8ohm or 4ohm?
Also because there is only 1 speaker out jack on the amp I would need to run the 2nd cabinet from the first cabinet as there is 2 speaker jacks on the cabinet? (if this makes sense)
Can someone please explain how this works as I've not run an amp with 2 cabinets before
thanks NZ Bassman

Reaction score
Youll need an 8 ohm 250-300 watts cabinet to be safe. The amp is wired in parrelel inside so it means you need to take a lead from the amp into the cab and then carried on into the second amp.

Reaction score
Hey Nick.Check the label on your 410's left carry handle & read what impedence your cab is.If it's 8 ohms,then Samuel's adivice rings true.If it's 4 ohms,you can only run this cab on it's own with your Profet.

Reaction score
thanks guys - I'll check the cabinet before I load it in the car for tonights gig!

Reaction score
Well I just checked the cabinet and it is 600w 8ohms... but my Profet is actually a 5.1 and not a 5.2... I always thought it was a 5.2 for some reason... but reading some reviews / comments on this site that explains why I am not getting a lot of volume from the 500w 5.1 head, as apparently the 5.2 is superior and has more volume.

what I did the other week - actually a sound guy played around with my amp and he took off the bass boost, turned down the Bass EQ knob a bit and I now get a lot more mids and highs coming through. I've also switched my bass to 'passive, and find I can crank the gain up more without it clipping - and I've managed to get a bit more volume that way

Reaction score
Both model Profets are 500 watts.But the 5.2's gain knob's volume reaches it's peak sooner.The 5.1's has usable power throughout it's entire range.This is why some people feel the 5.2 is louder,but 500 wats is 500 watts.
Your 8 ohm cab is drawing about 2/3rds of your amps 500 watts,so adding another 8 ohm cab will give you the full 500 watts & it'll be very loud.I had a Profet 5.1 & 411 pro cab in 4 ohms & it really screamed.
Almost forgot,the 5.2's compressor is a little better than it's predesessor's.

Reaction score
Thanks Greg - from what I read on here the other day it seemed the 5.2 was far superior, but like you say 500 watts is still 500 watts....
I guess when I bought the cabinet and amp together (I got a good deal from the shop) I should have asked to have a 4ohm cabinet, but tonights gig went well and I didn't need to crank it up too much....
Our Guitarist has bought a power amp for the PA to run the subs, so when we get it all running, we will mic up the guitar amp and I'll use the DI on the Profet 5.1 and go through the PA, so I probably won't need another cabinet to get more volume if I'm going through the PA - but one can never have enough speaker cabinets can they??

Reaction score
A 211 Pro on top of a 411 Pro cab with a Pro FET 5.1 is a beautiful thing.

:d

Top Bottom