• Design No 13

Votes: 74 16.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
The 1st is the true winner, i mean we are talking about basses not alien aircraft or something, i need a bass not a flashy looking toy, otherwise i would buy a Bootsy Collins bass :).
Look at it, it's a balanced thumb bass, at last a stylish thumb with no neck dive, i never thought this day would come :)

Welcome Ciubz, nice to see you here man!
I see a SSII in your sig, again?
How'z your band going, post some vids on the forum :)

Wouldn't the Single Cut thumb be more likely to have neck dive?
Not these, they look pretty ballanced to me. And we will modify the winning shape if needed.

Reaction score

Welcome Ciubz, nice to see you here man!
I see a SSII in your sig, again?
How'z your band going, post some vids on the forum :)

Not these, they look pretty ballanced to me. And we will modify the winning shape if needed.

Cool, Just looked like it to me but i suppose Warwick will correct it if needed.

thndrstk6

Mockup Artist
Reaction score
That's more than any of us have gotten in days combined.

...good job Mr.D!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I voted for 10 and 6.

I think 6 has a lot of potential, the mock just needed to be 'polished' like 10. I think the quality of the mock for 10 has a lot to do with its success. Also, although I love the design, I do not think warwick should have a single cut thumb. As the late great Maddrakkett said "I think it hurts the ergonomic aspect that is a staple of the Thumb line"

Avram

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I wonder what name the new model will have :p

Now that is a good point! :p

hmmm....how about Ted, or Funkenmeister, or 'I'm so g-damn heavy you'll need a chiropractor just to look at me!':eek:

oh, I should really get some sleep now....:x

Tell you what, if #10 does win...just call it:

THUNDERSTICK
:twisted::twisted::twisted:​

Last edited by a moderator:

BassPlyr Randy

Long Winded SOB
Reaction score
Ok, I have to admit that T6 is a really good friend of mine so you might think I don't have the most unbiased opinion when it comes to this, but I agree... I think ThunderStick would be a great name for a bass.

Then again, I have also been kind of partial to the name Wilma for a bass ;)

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Perhaps a second contest for the name?

JanVanHove

Artist
Reaction score
How about we let the winner a chance to name his creation, and possibly suggest 4-5 names, and then have fun with another series of polls?

Reaction score
Because of the talk about the similarity of t6's design with Benavente, I tried outlining the two basses to see for myself, I thought you will find it interesting. I matched the bottoms of the fretboards to get the sizes right. It's definitely not the same bass, for instance t6's design is much smaller. It's quite similar though. Red is t6, blue is Benavente.

I just want to take a look ... in the first image I represented whit blue a Thumb NT and with red a Thumb BO ... clear differences are obvious, but the bass have the same name: "Thumb" ....also, similar differences in the next image in which I represented a Benavente SCD6 whit blue and with red design no. 10 ... I believe both models should be named "Benavente". I can give you another examples whit different brands, too.

PS: This is my last post about this subject.

Attachments

• Thumb NT vs BO.jpg
    Thumb NT vs BO.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 213
  • BenaventeSCD6 vs T6' no. 10.jpg
    BenaventeSCD6 vs T6' no. 10.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 205

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
I just want to take a look ... in the first image I represented whit blue a Thumb NT and with red a Thumb BO ... clear differences are obvious, but the bass have the same name: "Thumb" ....also, similar differences in the next image in which I represented a Benavente SCD6 whit blue and with red design no. 10 ... I believe both models should be named "Benavente". I can give you another examples whit different brands, too.

PS: This is my last post about this subject.

Man, did you have to do that again? We 've done this again. Either you didn't read the thread at all, or you want to throw some mud on #10. Judging from your post count, it's quite suspicious and leaning towards explanation #2. It would be best if you removed this post to prove me wrong. There's no need for it to be here, especially since we already did that.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Jester is right.
I am sure your intentions are good Hersock, but the thing is nobody, not even T6 is claiming that the design doesn't look like a Benavente. Everybody agreed already on that. Now, if you take your time, you'll see that we are a nice community, and you'll find other nice topics too :)

There's no need to bring more arguments that No 10 looks like a Benavente, we all know it :)

JanVanHove

Artist
Reaction score
Interesting name, Michael, but where does that come from and what does it mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom