amp wattage

Reaction score
I'm curious about other bass amps and their wattage to volume ratio. My SWR head is rated at 750W @ 4 ohms, which it's running at into my cab, but it doesn't seem as loud as it should. I don't know if it's my ears or my amp. I know the cab is fine because I've played it with other amps and it thumps with authority.

O

odominguez

naetog said:
I'm curious about other bass amps and their wattage to volume ratio. My SWR head is rated at 750W @ 4 ohms, which it's running at into my cab, but it doesn't seem as loud as it should. I don't know if it's my ears or my amp. I know the cab is fine because I've played it with other amps and it thumps with authority.

What cab are you using? If for any reason you are using an 8ohm cabinet by itselft, you might be losing some power. You would need to add another cabinet and wire it in parallel with the first one to bring the impedance down to 4 ohms and get the full range of your amp.

Reaction score
Ollie's right. You get maximum power transfer when your amplifier's output impedance matches your cabinet's impedance. Beyond that, it's all about headroom.

O

Reaction score
I play too short.
About 8 mounths now.
I got a Laney RB6 amp 165 watt

I really want a Warwick Infinity. very expensive, but hey, with a bit luck, i got it by 10 mounths ;)

and then comes the warwick amp ^^

Reaction score
my firebass 700w is more than enough for now...never had the need to turn it over half the volume :D

Reaction score
yeah i play in a band and i keep the amp in our rehearsal room :D can't keep it at home because of it's weight (i live on the third floor) :D

(btw i just sent you an add request from my band account 8))

Reaction score
how much kg is yours then?

i can hardly get my amp from the ground, haha
but i'm not strong :p

(i just approved :))

Reaction score
if i remember correctly it's about 25kgs the head and 40 the cab :shock:

Top Bottom