California fires

Avram

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I know exactly what you are going through Naetog! I used to live in Calabasas and north county Santa Barbara. It really sucks when you are in Ventura, want to drive to SB and they close the 101 around Carpenteria. I once sat on the roof of my house in Calabasas and watched Santa Monica burn, it was nice from a purely aesthetic point of view, but I couldn't help but sympathize for the 30 or so families that lost their homes that year.

For those that don't know....most of southern California is brush desert. So every year, when summer rolls around, there is thousands of acres of dried grass everywhere. All it takes is one un-tamped cigarette to set off most of the state in a blaze that is almost impossible to put out. And of course, it only rains in the winter, so...

Good luck Naetog, I hope for the best! Shit...I should call my family in LA! :shock:

Reaction score
Wow my friends were like 5 miles from those fires and they were just praying... THank god nothing happened to them and you...

Reaction score
that sucks man, hope everything works out. if you need to, you can send me your fretless :D

Reaction score
Nate, how did you fare with the fires? Are you back home yet??

Top Bottom