Incoming!!! (show Us Your New Stuff Before You Actually Have It)

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Incoming!!

Found one used in what appears to be very good shape for 185€, have 14 days to take it back, so no risk at all.

1668195832204.jpeg

Reaction score
A few days ago I brushed against the front of my TC RH450 with a towel and cracked one of the control knobs (come to find out that they’re notorious for this)

After attempting to superglue it, cracking it again and glueing everything else except the actual pieces, I did an online search for a solution-

A8FE39CE-C01E-4A05-9C17-4879E3246FEF.jpeg

A guy named Michael Massier from Bucharest makes these, along with a number of other knobs for electronic music equipment-

And he he used to play keyboards in one of Florin’s bands !

Available in 11 colors-

86435F9C-D547-485C-B659-ED4139188A21.jpeg

I went with a set of red ones to match the LED’s on the 450’s panel-

Here’s the link at Etsy where I purchased them-

Reaction score
Looks like this, with different graphics:

Yep, exactly! I’d been interested in it since the original smaller version. Then when the 2 came out I was being a cheapo and looking for one used. When they came out with the Castlevania graphic on the 2 at Halloween I just couldn’t take it amny more and pulled the trigger 👻 It’s such a cool pedal, I’ve only had it for a day now but I’ve tried it on bass, guitar, keys, and even my electric oud. There’s so many neat sounds you can get out of it.

Reaction score
Hey - tell us more about this, please!
Ha sure. It's probably not really an oud by traditionalist standards, but I think it's hella cool ;-) I'm a mediocre guitar player, and am much more comfortable (and more adept) on a nylon string classical, probably because of the wider spacing for typical fingerstyle (and of course being a bass player). I got a killer deal on a B-stock Godin Multiac Grand Concert 7 string many years ago, and I absolutely love it (first pic). Several years later a Godin Multioud popped up on my eBay feed for a great price. I also have a sitar (not electric), so I was really intrigued (though I'm a mediocre sitar player at best). The multioud was damaged, hence the low price; cracks in the top of the body, preamp broken, what looked like a crack in the neck, and the hard case was badly damaged. After chatting with the seller I convinced myself that I could repair it all, so I bought it. Thankfully this roll of the dice proved fruitful as all the cracks weren't all the way through (I was able to prevent them from getting worse and do some mild refinishing) and after some back and forth with Godin support, I was able to replace all the necessary parts on the preamp. Perfectly working instrument for ~60% off!

It's a really neat instrument to play, kind of like a short scale nylon fretless with mostly coursed strings. There are so many different oud tunings, and most have a different tonal vibe to them, so it's been really cool for generating new ideas. It's also been fun to experiment with different picking a plucking types. You can play it fingerstyle, or with a risha (traditional oud pick), a mezrab (traditional sitar pick), or a regular pick...the instrument responds different to all of them. I guess you could say that about anything, but this thing just seems particularly versatile to me.

Multiac 7 string:
Godin Multiac Grand Concert 7-String.JPG

Multioud:
godin-multioud-2831333.jpg

Both are highly recommended! 🕺

Reaction score
So my Apogee Gio was rendered midi-inert by the inevitable and necessary Mac OS Catalina upgrade I made yesterday-

So this was the only other DAW interface tailored for guitar that would also take the input from an expression pedal for such cool gadgets like wah, Univibe, and Leslie emulators-

Found a second hand one with Amplitude 5 Plus bundle for a really good price-

232AA4A0-20FF-43C2-8AA7-076D4FB2D244.jpeg

Reaction score
Ha sure. It's probably not really an oud by traditionalist standards, but I think it's hella cool ;-) I'm a mediocre guitar player, and am much more comfortable (and more adept) on a nylon string classical, probably because of the wider spacing for typical fingerstyle (and of course being a bass player). I got a killer deal on a B-stock Godin Multiac Grand Concert 7 string many years ago, and I absolutely love it (first pic). Several years later a Godin Multioud popped up on my eBay feed for a great price. I also have a sitar (not electric), so I was really intrigued (though I'm a mediocre sitar player at best). The multioud was damaged, hence the low price; cracks in the top of the body, preamp broken, what looked like a crack in the neck, and the hard case was badly damaged. After chatting with the seller I convinced myself that I could repair it all, so I bought it. Thankfully this roll of the dice proved fruitful as all the cracks weren't all the way through (I was able to prevent them from getting worse and do some mild refinishing) and after some back and forth with Godin support, I was able to replace all the necessary parts on the preamp. Perfectly working instrument for ~60% off!

It's a really neat instrument to play, kind of like a short scale nylon fretless with mostly coursed strings. There are so many different oud tunings, and most have a different tonal vibe to them, so it's been really cool for generating new ideas. It's also been fun to experiment with different picking a plucking types. You can play it fingerstyle, or with a risha (traditional oud pick), a mezrab (traditional sitar pick), or a regular pick...the instrument responds different to all of them. I guess you could say that about anything, but this thing just seems particularly versatile to me.

Multiac 7 string:
View attachment 25176

Multioud:
View attachment 25177

Both are highly recommended! 🕺
Nice instruments- I have the nylon six string Multiac with the medium neck width-

Btw, have you tried the Multiac synth module- I have not but was intrigued by a demo I once saw on YouTube-

Reaction score
Nice instruments- I have the nylon six string Multiac with the medium neck width-

Btw, have you tried the Multiac synth module- I have not but was intrigued by a demo I once saw on YouTube-
Yeah, I used to have a Boss GP-10, but I ended up selling it. I found that most of the sounds weren't very inspiring, and the tracking was no better than I can could already do via audio with some iPad apps. The string isolation was cool with the GP-10, but that's about it.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Boss multi fx units are too cold and sterile sounding to my taste. What you put in does not come out.

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Boss multi fx units are too cold and sterile sounding to my taste. What you put in does not come out.
Agree. Not a fan at all.

Few months ago I went to see a friend‘s band, they played in a pub where you have to go direct to the board, no amps allowed, they have drums and are ridiculously dampened. The thing is their guitar player brought one of this Boss multifx units with expression pedal, maybe 10 years old or more. It sounded awful thru the PA, so “digital” and lifeless. Not a good gig guitar sound.

Top Bottom