Incoming!!! (show Us Your New Stuff Before You Actually Have It)

Reaction score
Real Name
John Beck
Nice!

BTW, what are all those switches and knobs for? 😅
The decoder

3A3EFC5C-6AD4-40FF-9975-2E70F850079E.jpeg

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I ordered this for my daughter today - she has shown an interest in learning the bass guitar, but my Warwicks are heavy and kind of kludgy for her. Hope this will do the trick! (If not, I have a cool toy :cool:)

preview.jpg

Squier mini P - 28.6" scale.

Did it work? :)

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Yes - we're having a lot of fun so far! I'm trying to convince her to sign up for a real teacher, but so far she just wants to play with me. (Which I am very thankful for, of course, but I am a self-taught hack who probably do most things incorrectly in terms of proper technique etc.)
Learning a good technique in the early years is most important imo and helps the whole lifetime. It took me nearly 5 years to get the wrong habits out of my hands and memory. Young people learn this within months. All the other things about bass playing you surely can show and teach her better than anybody else.

Reaction score
Real Name
John Beck
Okay, now that I have it, I can truly appreciate and attest to how nice this thing is. Exquisitely well made, a legitimate work of art, and all but my AEB and Buzzard fit nicely in it. It really is a hybrid between a hardshell and a gig bag; the best of both worlds. The interior is actually a soft swede, so it smells great too! :D Not shown is the sweet cushion that fits on and protects the face of the body; super kick ass! Premium Rock Bags are killer, and I love them, but this thing is in a class of its own. Highly recommended.

tempImage5iWJ9h.png
tempImagey8JZ2U.png

Last edited:

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I would say a Thumb (even early ones) are easier to find and/or replace as an Alembic, and I personally think the trade isn't in your favor.
But i could be wrong!
Gnermo might be right. You should get at least 500 bottle caps on top. At least. What is the serial number of da Thumb?

Top Bottom