=The Warwick Streamer Club=

Reaction score
HPW said it came with MEC’s, the previous owner already contacted them about it a while ago :)

CGKXd3K.jpg

K1Clz61.jpg

AKvLHsf.jpg

y5UxPAn.jpg

5auFovo.jpg

Here's the EMG's:

D8FnlQj.jpg
I’m willing to bet those are original. HPW doesn’t know what he’s talking about

Reaction score
Can I join this club please? Here is my got to bass - my 1990 Streamer Stage 1 Broadneck with Bartolini soapbars. I fitted additional shielding around the pups and a 3 band John East pre with sweepable mids. I also installed the toggle switches which are 3 way for each pickup like you get on the German made $$
I also made the wenge ramp.
Plays like butter and sounds immense!
20210928_160859.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Beautiful! That must be like a “swiss knife bass” with all the sound tweaking possibilities!
Thank you! Yes it is which is exactly what I was aiming for so very pleased with the result. I still have the original pre just in case but I can't see myself going back to it now...

Reactions: Hnz

steembass

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
some years ago I swapped the BEC against Bartolini 2 -band (in my 91 Streamer Stage 1 5) - much better fit with Bartolini PU- imho..

steembass

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Can I join this club please? Here is my got to bass - my 1990 Streamer Stage 1 Broadneck with Bartolini soapbars. I fitted additional shielding around the pups and a 3 band John East pre with sweepable mids. I also installed the toggle switches which are 3 way for each pickup like you get on the German made $$
View attachment 23647
the lower "horn" / body looks strange..

Reaction score
View attachment 23647
Who ruined that horn? Nice bass btw

Reaction score
Well I refinished the bass, not sure about any horn being ruined - well actually I made an error in the upper horn which means it's now about an inch shorter than it was but I think I did a decent job reshaping the upper horn to make it largely unnoticeable.
I will have to check the photos from before I refinished it to see what's changed on the lower horn...

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Andy Irvines 12er is here! And even if the finish is ragged it plays and sounds like a dream. Someone replaced the truss rod, before that the neck was a banana. Now the high gloss finish on the sides of the neck is ruined. Also there are several battle scars. But the action is low, no twist in the neck, very good playability!
AE5FE3EE-EDF6-42A3-8EAD-91496CC76D30.jpeg

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
Andy Irvines 12er is here! And even if the finish is ragged it plays and sounds like a dream. Someone replaced the truss rod, before that the neck was a banana. Now the high gloss finish on the sides of the neck is ruined. Also there are several battle scars. But the action is low, no twist in the neck, very good playability!
View attachment 23662
So many strings, so many strings - tststs 😂 👍

kimgee

Wenge Taste Tester
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
depends on who's asking
So many strings, so many strings - tststs 😂 👍
View attachment 23662
I am glad to hear it arrived, and in 1 piece! That truss-rod issue, unfortunately, is an all too familiar one for me. I love Warwick basses, but I have had more truss-rod issues with Warwicks than with any other brand, and I have owned and do own, lots of other brands of basses. Is that just my bad luck? Have any of you guys had similar experiences? As a result of my experience, I tend to look for vintage Warwicks that have the replaceable truss-rods. Which is unfortunate, because I definitely prefer the neck profile of modern Warwicks.

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
You are right, I had several Wicks with damaged truss rods too. Mostly the nut was worn out. I guess the previous owners used the wrong (too small) tools and used too much force. But I also three times had bent or warped necks. The neck of my 1986 Streamer is broken and hardly to repair. So also the vintage Wicks have their weak points. Btw the neck of my Rickenbacker 8 string was ruined too, the Rickenbacker Farm guys had much to do to get it fixed.

kimgee

Wenge Taste Tester
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
depends on who's asking
You are right, I had several Wicks with damaged truss rods too. Mostly the nut was worn out. I guess the previous owners used the wrong (too small) tools and used too much force. But I also three times had bent or warped necks. The neck of my 1986 Streamer is broken and hardly to repair. So also the vintage Wicks have their weak points. Btw the neck of my Rickenbacker 8 string was ruined too, the Rickenbacker Farm guys had much to do to get it fixed.
My issue with Warwicks has always been frozen or nearly frozen truss-rods. The only other basses I have had truss-rod issues with are a Samick with a frozen truss-rod and an acoustic Parker with a truss-rod that got tight before I could get the action down where I wanted it. No issues with the Rics yet, but it's early in the game. I have heard quite a few horror stories about Ric necks though. I am extremely cautious, and picky, with the Rics. I did the research and learned the danger signs as best I could. On the plus side most Rics have replaceable truss-rods. From what I read about the history of Rickenbacker, most of the issues were with the super thin early 4001 necks. The early 4001 models had a number of other problems as well. I have a couple late 70's 4001 basses, and they seem to be pretty solid. I must say, the Warwicks certainly seem to be made better, but the Rics just sound so good to my ears. The first time I got a look under a 4001 pickguard I thought it looked like all the routing had been done with an axe. I will never argue with anybody about Rickenbacker being a weird company. Some of the stuff they do is pretty crazy. With the Warwicks, my theory is the very hard wenge necks need more robust truss-rods than what Warwick is using, and they are made of a type of steel that corrodes too easily. Just a theory.

Reaction score
I am glad to hear it arrived, and in 1 piece! That truss-rod issue, unfortunately, is an all too familiar one for me. I love Warwick basses, but I have had more truss-rod issues with Warwicks than with any other brand, and I have owned and do own, lots of other brands of basses. Is that just my bad luck? Have any of you guys had similar experiences? As a result of my experience, I tend to look for vintage Warwicks that have the replaceable truss-rods. Which is unfortunate, because I definitely prefer the neck profile of modern Warwicks.
Well my experience with Warwicks is as follows. I've owned a few, at least 20, all German made models. I've owned Corvettes, Thumb BOs, Thumb NT, Streamer Stage 1 and 2s, Streamer and Corvette $$s, Dolphin Pro 1s, Infinity SN and a proper Infinity, as well as a Fortress and many more that I've probably forgotten about. I've only had 2 with truss rod issues. That is 2 too many IMO. One was a 2000 NT 5 string thumb and I can't remember exactly what the other was but I know it was pre 96 and had the removable truss rod that I replaced myself.
I now own that weird 5 string Streamer with a Thumb neck that we've all seen on the heads up thread here. That also has a truss rod issue but one that is manageable.
I definitely prefer the profile of the older wicks with the more jazz style necks.
I have a 90 broadneck Streamer Stage 1and one of, if not the, first 5 string Thumb and both have glorious, smooth as butter, necks with lovely thin profiles.

Top Bottom