The Heads Up Thread

steembass

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Sadly it's not turned out well. Seller did a bad job packaging it so its turned up damaged. Crack on the bottom of the body near the straplock(which was poking through the packaging), numerous scuffs to the poly coat too. As well as that, the trussrod is broken and it won't play when switched to passive mode!
It'd such a shame because I offered to send the seller a hardcase to keep it safe in shipping but he refused.
He did make some effort to package it well but he clearly underestimates how little couriers care about anything!
I'm currently trying to get a partial refund to cover the cost of the repairs...
the trussrod can be replacement with some skills by yourself. If the bartolinis work fine I recommend a Bartolini electronics - works much better together with barts than BEC imho😂👍

Reaction score
the trussrod can be replacement with some skills by yourself. If the bartolinis work fine I recommend a Bartolini electronics - works much better together with barts than BEC imho😂👍
Yeah I've replaced one of these early Iron truss rods previously but this one is a bit different given the nut at the top has actually come away from the rod! So I can remove that nut but god only knows how I would remove the actual rod! I need to somehow get that nut back on to the rod and then with some tension from the truss rod tool I can slide the rod out.
The funny thing is, the neck is actually reasonably straight as is! It still has a bit too much relief though and not to mention it could get a lot worse if I don't sort this soon...

steembass

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Yeah I've replaced one of these early Iron truss rods previously but this one is a bit different given the nut at the top has actually come away from the rod! So I can remove that nut but god only knows how I would remove the actual rod! I need to somehow get that nut back on to the rod and then with some tension from the truss rod tool I can slide the rod out.
The funny thing is, the neck is actually reasonably straight as is! It still has a bit too much relief though and not to mention it could get a lot worse if I don't sort this soon...
🤔so, the trussrod (or trussrods‘ thread) is broken or you can still screw the nut onto the thread? I use to use a screw (with thread size like trussrod) which can be put into the nut. Then you can apply higher force in order to pull even a „sturdy“ trussrod - of course always with some „feeling“..😆😂

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
539B994A-2AA7-4024-8DCD-49F9AFAF18D5.jpeg

Price reduced to 2.3k€. It’s getting interesting. 2k€ would be a good price for a Streamer Stage 1 with front and side LEDs.

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
42CEC6A4-9989-40D0-96E2-A9F15E08B08A.jpeg

Warwick Streamer LX 6 string chrome tone. There are ugly scratches on the back. But 950 Euro would be a nice price! No offers yet.

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I've heard about girls waxing their legs, but why would you wax a chrome body ?
These are scratches from the belt buckle. And then the previous owner put a sticker on it. Doesn’t help a s***. But the chrome finish can be polished to remove smaller scratches. Too bad in this case they aren’t small.

kimgee

Wenge Taste Tester
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
depends on who's asking
I am not sure if I got lucky, or how long they will take orders, but I just got a screaming deal on this bass from Sweetwater. The total price delivered was $2100.55 usd. They are selling on the used market for abot $500 to $1000 more than that. It's that Ric cult thing I guess. There is a 6 month plus wait, so when it arrives it will likely be worth 2X what I am paying, based on inflation going ever higher. And they don't bill your card until it ships!!!

kimgee

Wenge Taste Tester
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
depends on who's asking
I mentioned a few days ago that Reverb was rapidly turning into poopoo. Here is a simply breathtaking example of exactly what I was talking about:

For ONLY $2775.00 usd you can be the proud owner of a piece of contaminated firewood!!! I say contaminated because it still has melted finish residue and other stuff stuck to it. Jeebus, what a pathetic joke!
And, as for the Infinity, I have been unable to contact the seller and he hasn't shipped it yet..........almost as expected. Actually, I expected the seller to have shipped something in a box by now, because they don't pay you until you post tracking info. Must be a rookie scammer. ;)

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
I mentioned a few days ago that Reverb was rapidly turning into poopoo. Here is a simply breathtaking example of exactly what I was talking about:

For ONLY $2775.00 usd you can be the proud owner of a piece of contaminated firewood!!! I say contaminated because it still has melted finish residue and other stuff stuck to it. Jeebus, what a pathetic joke!
And, as for the Infinity, I have been unable to contact the seller and he hasn't shipped it yet..........almost as expected. Actually, I expected the seller to have shipped something in a box by now, because they don't pay you until you post tracking info. Must be a rookie scammer. ;)
Priceless...

Reaction score

does anything even prove that it's vintage? When I sold a guy a 1974 fender p-bass he was so picky he made me take the neck off so that we could see a stamp in the neck pocket proving authenticity. And this seller put "Used-very good" condition 😂 he's dreaming

Top Bottom