Mudvayne is back...

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Fodera made Sonus with Thumb Pickups and a failed yin yang.

ryan.png

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Oh and I just saw a live clip from that gig. Their singer is one of the worst I have ever heard. Completely rubbish.

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Oh man he went to Fodera? His albums with Soften the Glare, he was using a fretless Thumb.

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I wonder how many thumbs were sold because of him

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
I read somewhere, some time ago, when Vinnie Paul was still alive and HELLYEAH was still active that he was having problems with his voice.

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Talking about Ryan switching to Fodera: I wonder what happened, why did he leave?

Maybe he asked for a sig Thumb Bass (more than well deserved) and HPW said "no"?

Who knows, 'cause going to Fodera to end up having a (ugly) Thumb in disguise...really?

Last edited:

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Talking about Ryan switching to Fodera: I wonder what happened, why did he leave?

Maybe he asked for a sig Thumb Bass (more than well deserved) and HPW said "no"?

Who knows, 'cause going to Fodera to end up having a (ugly) Thumb in disguise...really?
I guess that is the story. The Custom Shop seems to be on its limit. Maybe the answer was not a "No" but a "later". We will never know. But in one point we can be sure: the Fodera is an ugly thingy.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Don't know if he is now an endorser of the Fodera brand, but I do know Fodera do not give instruments to endorsees. Everything has to be payed for.
My guess is Ryan already owned a Fodera or two and just wanted something different for a change but along the same line of thinking that went into the Thumb bass model.
That Fodera with thumb pickup config will not sound like a thumb bass. Different electronics, tonewoods, pickups etc. etc. It will also very likely weigh a lot less then a Thumb does.

Change is the spice of life.
While at it, he should replace his vocalist too.

Reaction score
At nearly $12kUSD there is no way in hell I'd buy that Fodera bass. I dont like the idea of buying a signature model, I like having something unique, which is exactly what I have. A one of a kind.

Reaction score
Seems the singer is „a bit“ out of training.
Just a bit. Sounds woeful. Dig is one of my favourite songs, it was the first song I heard by Mudvayne when I stumbled across them by chance at a music festival here in Australia. Was making my way to the main stage to see Rammstein and walked through a side stage tent just as Mudvayne started playing Dig. Stopped in my tracks and said to my mate "f*** Rammstein, we're staying here!".

Sad to see how they've ended up. Not a good return.

Top Bottom