Incoming!!! (show Us Your New Stuff Before You Actually Have It)

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
I have the box!🎶
20210817_143959.jpg

Reaction score
OK, so how about showing what I've ordered that is still on it's way and hasn't got to the store yet, but they made an invoice for me and I pay can on it through PayPal any time and any amount I want and when it gets here start a 90-day layaway... uhhh... that item (??) -- I decided to pull the trigger on a G&L Tribute L-2500 5-string. G&L uses the same pickups and preamp/contraols in this model as they do their USA model. So, I decided to pull the trigger. It's supposed to arrive "any day" along with a whole container full of G&L Tribute stuff at the store I am dealing with.

If you haven't noticed... ordering stuff is pretty ridiculous right now. I just heard from a reliable source store owner (large mom and pop who's been in business since 1988) that Gibson/Epiphone/Mesa-Boogie are not even taking any orders right now. And, some manufacturers are taking order right now (August, 2021) for 2023 !!! So if you see something you want and it's in stock you might wanna grab it...

Here's a picture of one of the Tribute L-2500s in the redburst color that is on its way... (on the setup desk at G&L from their Facebook page)

Redburst from G&L Facebook.jpg

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Yeah @JamHandy things are insane for the supply chain everywhere. I work for an industrial supplier, we sell over 550,000 different items you would use in your factory, and I spend most of my day trying to find stuff for people.
I ordered a custom base last month and the delivery date is estimated to me July next year

Reaction score
I had this thought about the supply chain and moreover the whole concept of globalization. Getting cheap human resources from third world countries has worked great for profits for a lot os US and western-based (European busnesses in industrially developed European countries i.e. "The West") companies. There has been a boom in profits by using cheap labor. -- Now its not so well for all the companies who decided to jump on the globaliztion bandwagon. The same thrid world countries who gave them high profits and cheap labor don't have the resources to band together and fight Covid like the developed Western nations do... Over time and multiplied by however many industries have enjoyed the globalization... it could possibly have a huge economic impact that may last for a long time.

It seems like people are scrambling to buy toilet paper... or it is a frenzy to buy goods like when folks were hoarding toilet paper. Shortages seem to create a panic which leads to hoarding. Two of my major hobbies, music and firearms, are experiencing the same thing (sort of). In the firearms trade prices have sjyrocketed as seemingly hundreds of people who have never even bought a firearm are scrambling to buy weapons. I think part of that was the months and months of on-going riots in major cities. Firearm prices are up, supply of firearms is limited, and the price of ammo has tripled if not quadrupled since pre-Covid, pre-riot days.

Multiply this times every good that can be bought. Now gasoline prices are going up. Grocery prices have been going up. I was joking with someone on Facebook about milk being $4.00 a gallon and that I didn't know we were now getting milk from the middle east... LOL. (Not sure anybody got the joke).

It is an odd time to buy anything these days.

Reaction score
right now waiting for the delivery of my Fender Standart Telecaster Electric Guitar - Maple Fingerboard, Arctic White 😉

Reaction score
OK, so how about showing what I've ordered that is still on it's way and hasn't got to the store yet, but they made an invoice for me and I pay can on it through PayPal any time and any amount I want and when it gets here start a 90-day layaway... uhhh... that item (??) -- I decided to pull the trigger on a G&L Tribute L-2500 5-string. G&L uses the same pickups and preamp/contraols in this model as they do their USA model. So, I decided to pull the trigger. It's supposed to arrive "any day" along with a whole container full of G&L Tribute stuff at the store I am dealing with.

If you haven't noticed... ordering stuff is pretty ridiculous right now. I just heard from a reliable source store owner (large mom and pop who's been in business since 1988) that Gibson/Epiphone/Mesa-Boogie are not even taking any orders right now. And, some manufacturers are taking order right now (August, 2021) for 2023 !!! So if you see something you want and it's in stock you might wanna grab it...

Here's a picture of one of the Tribute L-2500s in the redburst color that is on its way... (on the setup desk at G&L from their Facebook page)

View attachment 23361

I owned one of those as my very first bass. It was definitely a solid instrument with a good variety of sounds. Hope you enjoy!

Reaction score
This isn't a bass but it is an in-coming for this comeing Wednesday (9/1/21)). I found this Epiphone BB King Lucile on Facebook Marketplace several months ago. It turned out to be residing temporarily at a pawn shop south of where I live. I really love guitars with switchy-things n board and this one fit the bill for switchies with the 6-way rotary "Varitone". Pretty much the same set up as the Gibson version, it even has a TP-6 fine tuning tail piece (I have a 1980 Gibson Les Paul Artisan with that tail piece, they work great for tweaking in the tuning). I guess the only other amazing thing (in today's world) is that it comes with a hard case, too. I don't think it is an Epiphone hard case, but just finding a guitar with a hard case these days seems to be a chore (I wonder if we can thank Guitar Center for starting that trend... they'd sell you a guitar, even a top of the line Gibson, etc... then want to sell you the case with it... or let you take it home with no case... even if the guitar came from the factory with a case (like seems like most used to do)

Here's my new (to me) 2010 Lucille

Epiphone Lucille - 01.jpg

Epiphone Lucille - 03.jpg

Epiphone Lucille - 06 - headstock.jpg

The only thing it is lacking is the original brass BB King trussrod cover. Nobody seems to know what happened to the original from Epiphone. Coould be this one year they didn't do that trussrod cover, but any of the others I've seen online (from Epiphone) all have the brass "B.B. King" engraved trussrod cover...

I think I did alright price-wise... I coughed up $500 cash, including tax... sporting a view over on Reverb, typically folks are asking for more than that on the Epiphone Lucilles...

Top Bottom