Forum Expenses, And Financial Situation (supporting Members)

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Yesterday @LoerEnd asked me if I can help him have a photo in his signature. I remember we disabled this for general use, for security reasons. Anyway, I noticed he donated (thanks, brother!), so I enabled picture in signature (and links and others) to Supporting Members, and Good Vibe Zone Sponsors :)

Thank you all!

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Our profile pics don’t show good vibe and supporting member banners anymore for some reason. I just have the good vibe one instead of both.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
HI Paul, I am aware of that and trying to fixit atm. Here is the issue- some of you donated when the forum was under "bass-arena-com" url. Now it is warwickforum.com.

Paypal is sending IPN's (instant payment notifications) to the forum, and the forum knows to automatically put the banner on. The old ones are failing, because paypal is still trying to send them to bass-arena, and they fail. Because they fail, 1- they don't get here, and 2- Paypal from time to time disables all IPN's, so I have to enable them manually and resend to the forum. Tricky I know. I just enabled them again.

I have to think of a solution and come back ASAP. I can always put the banners manually, but this is not the right solution I guess. I am sorry for that @PaulS , I promise I will fix it soon.
Flo

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
@Florin don’t worry about it, just wasn’t sure if you were aware. Important thing is keeping the good vibe zone alive.

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
How are we doing? Is the update going to incur more costs?

Henrythe8

Dolphin Hoarder
Reaction score
The Donate button says there is no donation campaign. Just so you can create one :)

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I think Florin said that the supporting member badge not showing was something to do with a previous update

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am fixing now the missing badge issue. The problem is this: Some recurring donations were first made to bass-arena.com, and each time a payment is made, Paypal tries to send a message to bass-arena, which doesn't exist anymore. After a few attempts, all IPN's are disabled on paypal, and it stops sending messages to the forum.
Unfortunately, the only way to fix this is to cancel the subscriptions for @PaulS , @Toepfer, @Madmaskbass, @eyvindwa, @ectoflanger, @Foal30, and kindly ask you to redo them if you still feel like :)
I reenabled the IPN's the remaining subscriptions should display the banner already, this problem I think it was finally solved.
Thanks a lot for the support, you rock!

Top Bottom