The Buzz-8 Or El 8uzztard?

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks HPW has an informer in this forum? It's very suspicious that Hardy was complaining about not having any news about the Buzz8 and... voilà! Suddenly someone texts him with news... :D

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks HPW has an informer in this forum? It's very suspicious that Hardy was complaining about not having any news about the Buzz8 and... voilà! Suddenly someone texts him with news... :D

I am pretty sure. But that is ok, this forum is linked on the homepage of Warwick. Marcus was out of breath, they are running their asses of. It´s good to know they have work to do and that the company is running. But imo they should have somebody to manage the contact to the customers who ordered a Custom Shop bass. Marcus does this all by himself. A maniac! I love this guy but I hope he is not ruining his health. Also there should be an aftermarket expert who contacts you from time to time to ask how your gear is running. This would help a lot to gain information about the work you have done and it would please the buyers. Means they surely are easier to order another CS.

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
I am pretty sure. But that is ok, this forum is linked on the homepage of Warwick. Marcus was out of breath, they are running their asses of. It´s good to know they have work to do and that the company is running. But imo they should have somebody to manage the contact to the customers who ordered a Custom Shop bass. Marcus does this all by himself. A maniac! I love this guy but I hope he is not ruining his health. Also there should be an aftermarket expert who contacts you from time to time to ask how your gear is running. This would help a lot to gain information about the work you have done and it would please the buyers. Means they surely are easier to order another CS.
Just to clear my POV, I didn't say it as something bad, ofc this forum is somehow related to F&W hence they use our comments and posts as info.

And I agree with you on the rest of your post. I think they are trying to run a HUGE company as a family business and sometimes it shows on the bad side, like having just one person in charge of way too many things.

PS: Marcus, if you are reading this, I'm available and looking for a quality job. :cool:

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Just to clear my POV, I didn't say it as something bad, ofc this forum is somehow related to F&W hence they use our comments and posts as info.

And I agree with you on the rest of your post. I think they are trying to run a HUGE company as a family business and sometimes it shows on the bad side, like having just one person in charge of way too many things.

PS: Marcus, if you are reading this, I'm available and looking for a quality job. :cool:
Check their job offers on the web page.

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
I don't know how Marcus and HPW are doing this. HPW answers all mails on week days, WE, holidays..... engaging with customers as a hobby ;)??
Marcus follows production in China, buys wood for and handles CS jobs, organises repair jobs for old-timers ....
I believe that virus stuff has properly cocked-up their operations.
But, what critical stance do you have @DiMarco I.e. you don't like their products? I know you prefer your Fodera, but is this the right place than?
Well I hope your Super-8 is coming soon @Hardy !!

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I don't know how Marcus and HPW are doing this. HPW answers all mails on week days, WE, holidays..... engaging with customers as a hobby ;)??
Marcus follows production in China, buys wood for and handles CS jobs, organises repair jobs for old-timers ....
I believe that virus stuff has properly cocked-up their operations.
But, what critical stance do you have @DiMarco I.e. you don't like their products? I know you prefer your Fodera, but is this the right place than?
Well I hope your Super-8 is coming soon @Hardy !!

They are just maniacs. Marco is free to post his opinion at any place. A feedback is good for every company. Still my feedback would be that they need a second master builder and an aftermarket manager.

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
They are just maniacs. Marco is free to post his opinion at any place. A feedback is good for every company. Still my feedback would be that they need a second master builder and an aftermarket manager.
Maybe I should apply, the only thing: it is VERY quite in Vogtland :) have to go party in CZ Republic;)

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
It is a very quiet and remote place. You better bring your family and/or friends with you. They only have hills, trees and Warwick.

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
I would like to be Head of Testing CS (incl all buzzards) Department ;)

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Oh I like Warwick's products alright. But I am also very direct and won't lie about the problems I have seen and experienced with these instruments.

Mid nineties Warwick basses were HORRIBLE quality. 5 and 6 string bridges collapsing under the string pressure, holes in bridges too small so you could only fit tapered strings. The straplocks and tuners were CRAP.
Of my 8 or 9 Warwicks half of them had neck problems. All those with neck problems were mid nineties models.
You can expect this on basses, but not on premium quality (and price) basses.

Now if someone new on the forum asks about second hand instruments and I notice its a bass from that era I will tell them to be very cautious.
Besides that the Hellborg cabs had WAY too much technical issues on them (IE loose screws etc) for their price range and I do think naming a Trace Elliot Elf ripoff amp "Gnome" is just cheap.

I really like Warwick basses for their great playability, but the brand has by no means always been flawless.

Try to keep an open mind, no brand is perfect. Glorification is for fanbois.

Top Bottom