New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.

Reaction score
If your new here, or just want to introduce yourself this is the place. Welcome to the forum...
Hey everyone - First Warwick purchase this afternoon! I'm a little confused though and was hoping you guys could help...

I purchased a Streamer Jazzman used but the serial number lookup says it's a BO Thumb! I'll attach some pics below as well. The serial number is H-095137-02. It also has West Germany printed on the tuners. Any help identifying this bass
16095362131519044723987146533600.jpg
16095362810506295336297136575702.jpg
16095363622418132670622203998128.jpg
would be much appreciated!

Reaction score
Hey everyone - First Warwick purchase this afternoon! I'm a little confused though and was hoping you guys could help...

I purchased a Streamer Jazzman used but the serial number lookup says it's a BO Thumb! I'll attach some pics below as well. The serial number is H-095137-02. It also has West Germany printed on the tuners. Any help identifying this bass View attachment 22481 View attachment 22483 View attachment 22484 would be much appreciated!

My guess would be that a previous owner has (for one reason or another) swopped the neck out on this bass. That said, it not beyond the realms of possibility to say that it may be a registration error. Have you spoken to the seller, since you discovered this? You could also contact Warwick with the query. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
My guess would be that a previous owner has (for one reason or another) swopped the neck out on this bass. That said, it not beyond the realms of possibility to say that it may be a registration error. Have you spoken to the seller, since you discovered this? You could also contact Warwick with the query. ;)
Thanks for the input! I grabbed it used at a music store with no history available. It doesn't look like anything has been swapped and is in great condition for almost 20 years old. I'll probably follow up with Warwick.

Reaction score
Thanks for the input! I grabbed it used at a music store with no history available. It doesn't look like anything has been swapped and is in great condition for almost 20 years old. I'll probably follow up with Warwick.

No worries, hope it all works out for you. Cheers!

Reaction score
No worries, hope it all works out for you. Cheers!
And man does this bass play nice! I have couple of Fenders, a Spector, Ibanez, and Stingray... but this bass has a uniqueness to it for sure. Totally different sound and I love it!

Reaction score
And man does this bass play nice! I have couple of Fenders, a Spector, Ibanez, and Stingray... but this bass has a uniqueness to it for sure. Totally different sound and I love it!

Well she's a beaut, to be sure. I've never had the pleasure of a Streamer Jazzman --- but maybe I'll get to try one one day. Enjoy my friend.

Reaction score
Think if that was a thumb neck it would likely have 26 frets, but this one is 24 frets, so sounds more like a serial number mismatch on the Warwick website. Email Warwick directly and I'm sure they'll help solve the query. They have always been very helpful and responded quickly for me with serial number info. Lovely bass by the way - that's one really flamey top :)

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
Think if that was a thumb neck it would likely have 26 frets, but this one is 24 frets, so sounds more like a serial number mismatch on the Warwick website. Email Warwick directly and I'm sure they'll help solve the query. They have always been very helpful and responded quickly for me with serial number info. Lovely bass by the way - that's one really flamey top :)
AFAIK the thumb has 26 frets in the NT version, the BO Thumb/Streamer would have 24.
I believe you have a Franken-Jazzman.

Reaction score
AFAIK the thumb has 26 frets in the NT version, the BO Thumb/Streamer would have 24.
I believe you have a Franken-Jazzman.
Ah yes, that would be correct, the BO is 24 frets. Looks like somebody replaced the neck on that Jazzman. Looks like they've done it nicely though. I've seem some where the neck pocket has been a bit off.

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Happy new year all! I'm new to the forum and thought I'd come say hi.

I've been a Warwick player exclusively since I bought my first Warwick in '01 (a Corvette Std.. the one with the baseball bat neck!). Ah, I remember spending that whole summer learning how to play RHCP, Primus and Rage bass lines.. using only the repeat button on my CD Walkman and the odd (questionable) tab, printed off the dark recesses of the tinterchod --- heady days indeed!

My current main squeeze is a '96 Fretless Corvette Std.. and currently on the hook for a 5ver version - to keep her company (anyone got one to sell?).

Anyways, looking forward to chatting all things Wick.

Cheers!
Welcome aboard!

Top Bottom