Wtb: Fortress Flashback 4-string

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
He said it's OK if you go look at it. How should I put you in contact with him? email?
Can you PM me his mobile phone number? (Natel number)

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@RichardL What is your limit in terms of "cosmetic condition" ? If there are some nicks/dings, or does it have to be "like new / showroom condition" ?

Personally, I am very demanding when it comes to cosmetic condition, but that's just me.

Also, I'll look at it, but will let you discuss price with him. Also, maybe make sure he knows how to package an instrument for international shipping (this should be around CHF 150.- as Priority (not Economy), plus insurance, as it is limited to CHF 1'000 by default (I think), so you'll likely want to insure it for a bit more.

Last edited:
Reaction score
@RichardL What is your limit in terms of "cosmetic condition" ? If there are some nicks/dings, or does it have to be "like new / showroom condition" ?
I'm hoping that I can get a good idea of the cosmetic condition from pictures, but. Small nicks/dings are OK. It doesn't have to be like it's "like new/showroom condition", but any big nicks/dings / cracks it will depend. So small dings/nicks are ok, some belt-buckle rash is ok, but if anything is chipped I'd definitely want to know about it, depending on the size it might not be ok. if anything is cracked, that's probably not OK. The neck being untwisted is really important. For example, I mentioned buying a 5-string FNA earlier this year, I could get the neck straight on the G string side, but on the side with the B-string it wasn't straight. It was because of that twisting that I didn't keep that bass. I don't expect the frets to be perfect, he said they aren't, it's 20 years old and been played. But if they seem really bad it'd be good to know. My brother is a luthier so we can do a fret job if needed. Also good to know if any frets are loose.
I asked for his number, will PM it when I get it.

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Any news from the seller in Geneva ?

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, yeah, I thought I PMed you the sellers phone number, did you not get it?
Unfortunately, no.. Likely because you are new (we have a minimum post limit before you can PM in order to stop spammers harassing members).

I'll PM you and see if you can reply?

Reaction score
Just noticed the one message about letting me discuss price with him... Should I try to get him to lower his price? If it's been listed since summer maybe he will... It doesn't seem like a bad price, based on other ones I've seen

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
I believe a 10-15% margin is reasonable, and I would always ask. :D There's few who'll stick with the asking price. I sometimes even offer without being asked :) but then I'm not a real seller...

Reaction score
I believe a 10-15% margin is reasonable, and I would always ask. :D There's few who'll stick with the asking price. I sometimes even offer without being asked :) but then I'm not a real seller...
Thanks! yeah that makes sense :) I always list everything I sell for a higher price than I expect to get. Maybe I'll ask him 1075EUR shipped or something. worst thing he can say is no.

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
Shipping from CH to USA is about 140€. Is Hektor checking for you? Maybe 850 can be negotiated??

Reaction score
Shipping from CH to USA is about 140€. Is Hektor checking for you? Maybe 850 can be negotiated??
Yeah, Hector said he'll check. Well, I'll offer 850 and to pay for shipping. Hopefully more money for some other GAS I've been having :)

Reaction score
Did this work out for you in the end? I have an immaculate red 1996 Flashback 4 string I'm looking to sell. I'm in the UK and would consider shipping internationally.

Reaction score
Did this work out for you in the end? I have an immaculate red 1996 Flashback 4 string I'm looking to sell. I'm in the UK and would consider shipping internationally.

It almost worked out, but in the end, the seller was very slow about things, I started to wonder if the bass would be heavier than what I want. I saw a fortress masterman for sale at a guitar center for $400 less than everything involved with buying the one from the guy overseas, and as you maybe know, the masterman is much lighter. And less risk, I can return the masterman to a local guitar center if it ships to me and it doesn't look good.
The masterman is arriving to me tomorrow. If I don't like it I'll possibly be in the market for a flashback. I may consider buying a flashback anyway. About how much do you think you'd want to sell your flashback for?

Reaction score
It almost worked out, but in the end, the seller was very slow about things, I started to wonder if the bass would be heavier than what I want. I saw a fortress masterman for sale at a guitar center for $400 less than everything involved with buying the one from the guy overseas, and as you maybe know, the masterman is much lighter. And less risk, I can return the masterman to a local guitar center if it ships to me and it doesn't look good.
The masterman is arriving to me tomorrow. If I don't like it I'll possibly be in the market for a flashback. I may consider buying a flashback anyway. About how much do you think you'd want to sell your flashback for?

That's a great question.. I'm looking at value at the moment and will PM you with more info. I did try to PM you originally, but I don't seem to have that function at the moment - probably as I've just joined the forum!

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a great question.. I'm looking at value at the moment and will PM you with more info. I did try to PM you originally, but I don't seem to have that function at the moment - probably as I've just joined the forum!

Indeed that is the case, due to spammers harassing forum members, we have had to put a post limit in place before people can PM.

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A sage precaution :D

If you want, we might be able to do an arrangement such as I PM both of you together, so you might be able to talk (me being the useless third wheel in the conversation).

Reaction score
If you want, we might be able to do an arrangement such as I PM both of you together, so you might be able to talk (me being the useless third wheel in the conversation).

Awesome, I might take you up that offer after some research'n. Many thanks!

Reaction score
Awesome, I might take you up that offer after some research'n. Many thanks!
FYI, the one I almost bought, the guy would've sold me for 925 euro + shipping. That's pretty much the cheapest one I've seen by a lot, though I've only seen maybe 4 for sale this year.

In the sake of not wasting anyones time, that 925 one is still available, so for me to buy yours, it'd really have to be less than that, say 800 for me to want to spend money I shouldn't be spending. And I really think you can get more money than that.

But again, the fortress masterman arrives to me sometime in the next 3 hours. If for some reason I don't like it and return it, I'll have more money to play with. But I really expect and hope to like the masterman.

Reaction score

PS. This perticular Flashback weighs in at a hefty 5.5kg (those 2 -Tek bridges are really quite substantial!).

Top Bottom