Wtb: Fortress Flashback 4-string

Reaction score
Thanks. I think I saw one for like $1800 or $2k shipped earlier this year, I forget exactly. While trying to get money for it, it vanished/sold.
Man, it hurts to look at this one, it's just out of my price range. Maybe I'll try an offer.. I now can afford $1800 and might push it to $2k... shipped.
Thanks again for the heads up. If you see any mid 90's fortress mastermans, I'd also be interested in one of those.

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I think I saw one for like $1800 or $2k shipped earlier this year, I forget exactly. While trying to get money for it, it vanished/sold.
Man, it hurts to look at this one, it's just out of my price range. Maybe I'll try an offer.. I now can afford $1800 and might push it to $2k... shipped.
Thanks again for the heads up. If you see any mid 90's fortress mastermans, I'd also be interested in one of those.

Be aware that the USD is quite low at the moment, so if you offer USD 2'000 shipped, that's only €1'700.. €400 off his asking price (not to mention he wants €300 for shipping alone)..

Reaction score
Be aware that the USD is quite low at the moment, so if you offer USD 2'000 shipped, that's only €1'700.. €400 off his asking price (not to mention he wants €300 for shipping alone)..
Yeah, I probably shouldn't even offer. I recently wasn't too happy with a '98 5-string FNA, and the neck on this 5-string you showed looks very similar. Wow, that one in Geneva though... That looks more right. I wonder how fast that'll go.

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I probably shouldn't even offer. I recently wasn't too happy with a '98 5-string FNA, and the neck on this 5-string you showed looks very similar. Wow, that one in Geneva though... That looks more right. I wonder how fast that'll go.

If I were you, I would try. Italy is currently under partial Covid lockdown.. If the seller needs the money, he might say yes!

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
It has 1200+ views and it's in since summer; wonder if it's cheesy:)
But why not to write??

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Geneva version:

With a 2Tek bridge.

Metal pieces are a bit oxidized
In very good condition
Strings need to be changed

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It has 1200+ views and it's in since summer; wonder if it's cheesy:)
But why not to write??

True, would be better if someone could see it. Buying blind is NOT a good idea with basses / guitars..

Reaction score
I messaged the Geneva guy, we'll see what happens, hopefully he can send more pics. Some oxidation is to be expected if it's >20 years old I suppose. Fretboard does look dirty from his one pic.
I thought it said posted yesterday, if it is since summer maybe it is "cheesy" or gone. Nothing from him maybe I will message the Italian guy an offer. Although I really was hoping to spend less than $2k... at that price I start to wonder what else I could get..

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I messaged the Geneva guy, we'll see what happens, hopefully he can send more pics. Some oxidation is to be expected if it's >20 years old I suppose. Fretboard does look dirty from his one pic.
I thought it said posted yesterday, if it is since summer maybe it is "cheesy" or gone. Nothing from him maybe I will message the Italian guy an offer. Although I really was hoping to spend less than $2k... at that price I start to wonder what else I could get..

Italy is not a rich country, so maybe the seller is having trouble finding a buyer, especially during 2020 "Covid".

For the guy in Geneva, let me know and I can go take a look, I only need to know how to check if a Bass is in good condition or not. I can do this for a guitar (neck straight, pups work, pots work etc) but I don't know if a bass is different....

Reaction score
Italy is not a rich country, so maybe the seller is having trouble finding a buyer, especially during 2020 "Covid".

For the guy in Geneva, let me know and I can go take a look, I only need to know how to check if a Bass is in good condition or not. I can do this for a guitar (neck straight, pups work, pots work etc) but I don't know if a bass is different....

thanks man, that's too kind! I'll let you know if I hear from him. Pretty much the same process for bass, pickups work / pots work, no "bad" sounds from the amp. Maybe inspect the frets, see how they look. check that the neck is straight.

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
thanks man, that's too kind! I'll let you know if I hear from him. Pretty much the same process for bass, pickups work / pots work, no "bad" sounds from the amp. Maybe inspect the frets, see how they look. check that the neck is straight.

Great, just let me know.

Reaction score
Great, just let me know.
He said it's still available, and he's willing to ship. He'll send more pics, verify the year.
Depending on how good his pictures are it might not be necessary to have it inspected, but we'll see.
I guess if electronics didn't work he would say so. But if we do think it makes sense to inspect it I can give you a few dollars for your time.

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
He said it's still available, and he's willing to ship. He'll send more pics, verify the year.
Depending on how good his pictures are it might not be necessary to have it inspected, but we'll see.
I guess if electronics didn't work he would say so. But if we do think it makes sense to inspect it I can give you a few dollars for your time.

It doesn't cause me any problem to go look at it. My experience in CH with people selling guitars etc: some are good, most are "meh"...

Reaction score
It doesn't cause me any problem to go look at it. My experience in CH with people selling guitars etc: some are good, most are "meh"...
yeah, I've been doing a little buy/selling this year, only 1/5 instruments were not what I expected. But that 1 was only $300 and easy to resell to get back the $300.
I'd hopefully like to keep this flashback forever, so it'd be great to have no surprises when I buy it.
I asked the guy if it's ok if you look at it, I'll let you know what he says.

Reaction score
He said it's OK if you go look at it. How should I put you in contact with him? email?

Top Bottom