Here We Go Again - Covid Lockdown 2.0

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here we go again... France just announced a second lockdown, Germany announced a partial lockdown, Switzerland announced a pseudo lockdown, and the UK is not far from a lockdown...

Hope you all can stay safe, healthy and employed!

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
Brussels is locked, with a curfew 10pm-5am. Nightshops not selling alcohol after 8pm ...

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Spain is a mess and some region governors (including the lady that rules in Madrid area, where I live) says there is no proof that lockdowns actually work and she prefers defending freedom of choice and stuff...
I feel like I'm going on a boat, straight into a HUGE iceberg, with a kamikaze as the captain.

Anyway, hope you are safe and healthy.

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin
Spain is a mess and some region governors (including the lady that rules in Madrid area, where I live) says there is no proof that lockdowns actually work and she prefers defending freedom of choice and stuff...
I feel like I'm going on a boat, straight into a HUGE iceberg, with a kamikaze as the captain.

Anyway, hope you are safe and healthy.

I think there are polarized opinions... But it was pretty clear from the data I have seen that when we were in lockdown here, the infection rate went to near zero, and since they opened up the bars, discotheques and schools, it has been skyrocketing.

What I really can't understand is that here locally, the most recent batch of restrictions came into effect last Sunday at midnight. So, what did the local parents do? They took their kids to the playground on the Saturday for "one last play outside" of course! When I walked past the playground, there were about 100 children (and about 50 adults, some masked, some not) all jammed into the small playground. No one was obeying the 1.5m distancing. The children were jumping from one emplacement to another, touching surfaces that some other kids were just on/touching, then want over to their parents and wanted to be picked up...

And on top of that, this morning on the way to work there was a woman on the radio reading out the news, how this is going to be worse than in the spring, more people will die... and then in her next breath says that in no way should they close the schools again, that should be illegal. Why? Because you don't want to take care of your own children?

It really is no wonder this is spreading like wildfire. Most people are selfish pricks with no self-discipline and no respect for others.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Ah ow well... Almost nobody here is wearing their facemask in the supermarket but me. It is like no effort soI wonder how stupid these people really are.

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
It really is no wonder this is spreading like wildfire. Most people are selfish pricks with no self-discipline and no respect for others
Almost nobody here is wearing their facemask in the supermarket but me. It is like no effort so I wonder how stupid these people really are.
It's sad.....This whole thing has shown me how stupid and ignorant people really are

Reaction score
Meanwhile here in New Zealand is basically back to normal, having sold out concerts etc. Really good for local artists as no internationals, Moving into summer here we have lots of sold out festivals.

Our government acted very quickly and shut down the country with only a few cases. We have done this twice now and have beaten the Virus twice.

In saying that we have the advantage of being on a small island in the middle of nowhere with no land borders and we got to see how it played out overseas so could make some educated decisions. on how to act. Our government is very science based.

Our population also trusts our government so when we locked down everyone played their part. We still currently do tracing here but that's it.

People who come into the country get tested multiple times in managed isolation facilities and are only released into the population once they have cleared all tests over a two week period. If it is a New Zealander returning home the government pays for the two weeks.

The isolation units are nice hotels with room service, and place to go outdoors and exercise a couple of times a day. Not Nazi camps like some country's are saying about us ha ha. You can only buy 6 beers a day in isolation.

Really happy to live in such a great place, sad watching the rest of the world basically burning to the ground though.

Top Bottom