6 Months After The Covid Lockdown-are You Ready To Do Shows Again?

Yes or No

• No, Im / we are still waiting until the virus clears up or a vaccine is available

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Yes, we are playing out again and or are ready to

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Its been 6 months since the lockdown here in California

We were asked to play a show on October 9th in Anaheim and we accepted.....we're ready to play out again

Have you been doing shows yet, or are you ready to?

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
This weekend! One of our former guitar guys will marry next weekend and we played on his eve-of-wedding party!

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
It really depends on a couple of things.
I am not ready to go unless:
  • I get to bring my own mic.
  • We are given room to clear the stage afterwards with the required social distance from any audience or personel.
  • We get to wear funky masks like Slipknot does, but shaped like farm animals.
  • No or*l s*x before or after the gig from any groupies. Saliva is really dangerous.
The latter two might be slight exaggerations.

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I might mention that at our gig they made good preparations to avoid infections, but... after 10 pm, when all are drunk, the compliance is suffering a bit.

Reactions: RIP

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I might mention that at our gig they made good preparations to avoid infections, but... after 10 pm, when all are drunk, the compliance is suffering a bit.
Yeah, we are preceding with caution

We'll be masking up and doing our best to stay in compliance with the rules

I guess we'll see how it goes......we are certainly hoping for the best :)

Florin

OG
Reaction score
I stopped gigging since before the lockdown, but my son had a gig with his band 2 days ago. Please note the X-Bass :)

119530702_3353590614677895_3617216396671849820_o.jpg

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
I'd love to step on a stage again. It's actually been about 10 months for me. If only there were some gigs available around here...

Stainless

Guard of the Fortress
Reaction score
We will have our next gig in december :)
We are writing 3 new songs for our setlist then.
There would have been one in september, but this was too optimistic, it was cancelled. Not due to authorities, they allow 50 persons per concert. But the break even point was at 60 persons.
So the organizer cancelled it.

Last edited:

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Locally they've prohibited any private gatherings over 100 people, and for any "event" of over 1000, it's approved on a case by case basis.

The local concert venues are complaining, of course.

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
The local concert venues are complaining, of course.
Same here.....our county has been doing very good at minimalizing the spread. The numbers our down quite a bit

Most of the venues now are taking the stance of, either we open, or shut our doors for good.....they are just not going to survive unless they start bringing in some revenue......I totally understand

Its been reported that live events in San Diego county bring in 3.3 billion dollars a year, and now over 200,000 gig workers are out of a job

Personally, I feel we need to start moving forward to get our economy back up and running

In other news, the flyer for our show on the 9th just got came out yesterday.......so its on, and we're pretty happy to be playing out again

Doll Hut.jpg

Reaction score
I haven't played out for quite some time - not a single gig in 2020 actually :(

I have one gig lined up this year that might still happen, but it is not looking good seeing as it is an international gig that requires us to travel by air. It is in December, though, so I'm still clinging on to a tiny bit of hope!

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
We, the local bands, yesterday started with an internal round of gigs just with the bands and family/closest friends. I guess soon this will develop to a multiple musicians jam series. Back to the very roots! The picture shows the initializing band „Cobras got the bird“.

Attachments

• F722B7F4-47B3-41C9-ADEA-89D04D0EAD3E.jpeg
    F722B7F4-47B3-41C9-ADEA-89D04D0EAD3E.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 123
Top Bottom