Pedals You Want To Try

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
What do you mean? They are made in Californiachinataiwan. I found this useful info on Amazon.

20200407_103457.jpg

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
But here's your real answer: Their factory is in Benicia, CA. All Dunlop and MXR pedals are manufactured in the USA

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
They had a deal with Darkglass to produce their products in the states. For a short while this went okay and the pedals were actually good.
Then 3leaf launched a new brand named "Pike audio" and built the same pedals but with a red face instead of black and their own brand on it. Those were exact copies of the Darkglass product line.

Of course, Douglas was furious and the whole thing blew up on large forums like TB and BC.
The guy running 3leaf told the community he felt awful about the situation and couldnt sleep as a result, but it was already too late. He alone had caused this and it was a low low move driven by greed.

As a result and because I hold Douglas in very high regard, I will not look at 3leaf products ever again.
Wow... that's quite a story.

I feel the same about Mooer copying EHX... You won't see me playing any Mooer pedal.

Reaction score
Anyone had a whirl on
Iron Ether Subterrena???

Octave / Synth type thing?

Reaction score
I like NZ

But it's not like the place for trying out pedals

I'm not complaining g though, I've been done good with what I have/had

Cheers guys

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Sounds great, lots of flexibility too. I wonder if an overdrive can be too flexible - my heroes used much simpler means to sound awesome.

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
I'm not a flexibility guy. I do like being able to tweak a pedal to perfection, but once I get it set, I leave it. One tone per pedal. Otherwise I spend more time playing with knobs than playing my instrument. I had a guitarist in my band for awhile that liked to change his pedal settings between songs. I wanted to choke him sometimes. We're ready to play and he's crouched over his pedalboard like an amateur, screwing around with knobs.

I think this one sounds great. I'm going to pitch a minor bitch about the controls though. I really hate it when builders get cutesy with the names of the knobs. I want all my knobs to say things like "level", "gain", "tone", etc. Actual musical terms that mean something. This one's not too hard to figure out, but I'm still going to get a little cranky about it.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score

Sounds organic and girthy. Might be just what I need for that Beastie Boys MCA tone.
Hmmmmz....

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Id be really keen to hear a decent demo of the Royal Jelly pedal on bass. Anyone got one?

Coming up. It is currently in the fx loop of the HeadRush and going through an Ampeg 8x10 IR + whatever Mic modelling I choose.
Got any wishes? Want to hear it with a specific type of bass? I have the Dolphin as my only Warwick, Zon Sonus and the Fodera Empire as probably the best options.

The Royal Jelly will be compared with Tech21 YYZ and Darkglass Alpha-Omicron on the overdrive side, and Big Muff Bass, Way Huge Russian Pickle and Catalinbread Giygas on the fuzz side of things, as the Royal Jelly is both a fuzz and an overdrive, or anything in between.

I might throw in some modelled OD and Fuzz from the HeadRush itself as well to show how modern digital toys stack up to analog pedals these days...

Fuzz_on_the_Headrush.jpg

Top Bottom