Can You Do It?

Reaction score
I'll try for something by the weekend if no one else does...learning my interface?DAW and video in a few days is crazy..I sat down on Saturday to learn one and ended up having to learn 50...yes 50 country songs for a show that night...terrible stuff is still stuck in my head but the money was good and it's been a long time off the stage...My thumb did play one set and sounded hilariously good..tuned to A hooked to a Darkglass B7k :D:D:D..the rest was played on a spector 6 lol. I'm so country!!

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Thanks for the nice comments, I'm blushing.
Recorded on my iPad with a Tascam IM2 microphone. Not the best quality, but I'm not thoroughly equipped.

So, in order to leave the maximum of options open, here are the three propsition I make :

-->
Improvise and make a real bass line on MKTO - Bad Girls.
[video=youtube;KpuKgTGJEWs]
--> For the slappers like me :
Hair (Either Larry Graham Original or TM Stevens version is fine with me)
[video=youtube;nvMhPqg2jCo][video=youtube;6T7pWyzbIxI]
--> For the Metal that like to have some distortion (that means you, Marco and Hardy) :
Color My XTC by Talisman
[video=youtube;nnhtpc1bNSU]

I urge y'all to play the game, even if not perfectly played or recorded, it's really fun to share.

Are these the songs to choose from?

Henrythe8

Dolphin Hoarder
Reaction score
Yes, according to The Rulez. It was on a different Forum, though. My guess is you *could* and play whatever you want, to revive this thread.

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
You tell a German not to follow rules? :p I guess I have some time left to check which will be my favorite.

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Hola amigos,
I've been thinking about this thread for a couple of days and hope you agree with me that we need to give it a new life. Becase it's been way to much time since the last clip, I think it's more than fair to make a fresh "reboot"... "Matrix: Reloaded" kind of thing, but I want to know first what do you think:

Should we do a new start or continue with the last 3 songs Henry suggested?

Talk!

PS. And thanks to father Marco for helping me finding the thread. The search engine is almost useless for thread names with short and common words, hahaha.

Last edited:

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I googled for "Warwick forum can you do it". BAM! there it was.

Here is the oldest video from this thread that still exists:

We haven't seen Da Vonk in aaaaaages. I hope he's still alright.

And I do agree. How about using the first three songs that were ever named in this thread? That would be a real reboot!
It wasn't until page 5 or 6 of the thread when the guys moved from 1 option to 3 options, the first to do this was Vuk.

I quote:

come on guys, you've got 3 songs to choose
-the widow by the mars volta
-cosmos by cynic
-deeper underground by jamiroquai

Of course we can also stick to and honor @Henrythe8 's list:

MKTO - Bad Girls
Larry Graham- Hair (or ofc the TM Stevens version)
Talisman - Color My XTC

As far as I am concerned, pick ANY of these six choices and get the thread going again.

golem

Philosopher King
Reaction score
Heheh...in honour of my new Streamer LX 00
I know I made a few mistakes (mostly due to wut I call '"da red button fever"), and remember...
this is my first Youboob appearance evah, so don't be too critical pleaze...
Hope ya enjoy it...8:

Next song: Lenny Kravitz - Let Love rule...have fun !!

Cool enuf but why did you lay out when they broke for your bass solo !??!?!?!!

Yes I know it was years ago ... but hey ... covid19, OK ? Awwwwright !

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
I googled for "Warwick forum can you do it". BAM! there it was.

Here is the oldest video from this thread that still exists:

We haven't seen Da Vonk in aaaaaages. I hope he's still alright.

And I do agree. How about using the first three songs that were ever named in this thread? That would be a real reboot!
It wasn't until page 5 or 6 of the thread when the guys moved from 1 option to 3 options, the first to do this was Vuk.

I quote:

come on guys, you've got 3 songs to choose
-the widow by the mars volta
-cosmos by cynic
-deeper underground by jamiroquai

Of course we can also stick to and honor @Henrythe8 's list:

MKTO - Bad Girls
Larry Graham- Hair (or ofc the TM Stevens version)
Talisman - Color My XTC

As far as I am concerned, pick ANY of these six choices and get the thread going again.
Hello, again.

Almost 48h since my post so I think there is no more interest in answer this, so...

I'm working on Larry Graham's "Hair"... the song, I don't know how to cut hair. :D

See you soon.:cool:

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I have to learn own songs, including 8 string, fretless, pick playing... up to my neck in own music. This will go on some months still. I think of this thread from time to time. Only one song I added so far. :(

Reaction score
I am having a look at the jamiroquai song today. just got a killer new video setup only problem is my ugly mug...I am not the biggest fan of the effects on the track so would do my own thing to it. If nacho beats me to it all sweet the song has some good techniques in it

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
I have to learn own songs, including 8 string, fretless, pick playing... up to my neck in own music. This will go on some months still. I think of this thread from time to time. Only one song I added so far. :(
Don't worry, Hardy, you'll be back at the CYDI thread. :cool:

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
I am having a look at the jamiroquai song today. just got a killer new video setup only problem is my ugly mug...I am not the biggest fan of the effects on the track so would do my own thing to it. If nacho beats me to it all sweet the song has some good techniques in it
If I beat you, I promise I´ll include the Jamiroquai song to keep the thread moving. Hope you do the same. :D

Reaction score
Well here it is guys! Very first Youtube video debut lol. I had an absolute blast making this. I had already been working on other videos to go up soon that are far more complicated but i love this concept and need to start somewhere!

This is a big step for my confidence I will say. All happy to get up on a stage and do it to easy but videos are a whole new world...anyway I am still fiddling with vid setup as i know this is not exactly how I want it but there is some good stuff there..seeing as i have owned the camera for 4 days i am pretty impressed with it! I just had to stop thinking about it and make something so this is what that is!1
Anyway enough yap

Nacho totally fair to include Hair by man Larry Graham but i am going to suggest three more to see if anyone else is keen on having some fun!

I also include: All I Know by Karnivool (Delay and slap together what could go wrong?)
Man in a box Alice in Chains (this is a banging song that is super fun to play!!)
Seeman Rammstein (super beautiful bass riff)

Reaction score
oh and yes i did not use fuzz or octave like original lol...Just went with heavy driven goodness and thumb love... throw a nice little Drop A action for fun...Bass removed from original can only just hear it

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Well here it is guys! Very first Youtube video debut lol. I had an absolute blast making this. I had already been working on other videos to go up soon that are far more complicated but i love this concept and need to start somewhere!

This is a big step for my confidence I will say. All happy to get up on a stage and do it to easy but videos are a whole new world...anyway I am still fiddling with vid setup as i know this is not exactly how I want it but there is some good stuff there..seeing as i have owned the camera for 4 days i am pretty impressed with it! I just had to stop thinking about it and make something so this is what that is!1
Anyway enough yap

Nacho totally fair to include Hair by man Larry Graham but i am going to suggest three more to see if anyone else is keen on having some fun!

I also include: All I Know by Karnivool (Delay and slap together what could go wrong?)
Man in a box Alice in Chains (this is a banging song that is super fun to play!!)
Seeman Rammstein (super beautiful bass riff)

Yeah, now a YouTuber! :D

Top Bottom