Things To Do When Stuck At Home

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's March 2020, and a lot of us are stuck at home due to the Coronavirus.

I thought we could start a thread on what things we can do at home that can be constructive, outside of improving our bass / guitar skills.

Here's a list of things you can do at home that require little (if any) investment:

- Learn to make Sourdough bread (all you need is flour, water and an oven). It's easy, and will help you save money:
- Catch-up on your reading (sounds boring, but a good book is better than a good movie imo)

- Start your Spring Cleaning.

- Learn a different instrument (if you have one around the house).

- Exercise: 7-Day Workout Series | Kick-start your 2020 fitness journey - YouTube

Anyone else have any ideas ?

Reaction score
Real Name
John Beck
It's March 2020, and a lot of us are stuck at home due to the Coronavirus.

I thought we could start a thread on what things we can do at home that can be constructive, outside of improving our bass / guitar skills.

Here's a list of things you can do at home that require little (if any) investment:

- Learn to make Sourdough bread (all you need is flour, water and an oven). It's easy, and will help you save money:
- Catch-up on your reading (sounds boring, but a good book is better than a good movie imo)

- Start your Spring Cleaning.

- Learn a different instrument (if you have one around the house).

- Exercise: 7-Day Workout Series | Kick-start your 2020 fitness journey - YouTube

Anyone else have any ideas ?
Wait, what?!?!? I also make sourdough bread! I have a starter that was handed down to me from my mother, who got it from my dad's mother, who got it from someone she met on a cruise ship in Alaska back in the early 20th century!

B9973DB1-3440-4BD1-8BCA-9480ACEC8423_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin
Wait, what?!?!? I also make sourdough bread! I have a starter that was handed down to me from my mother, who got it from my dad's mother, who got it from someone she met on a cruise ship in Alaska back in the early 20th century!

Excellent! I started only a few weeks back, glad I did as the store have ZERO dry yeast left these days...

Reaction score

View attachment 21315

In French there is an expression: "mettre l'eau à la bouche", but I don't know if the translation is correct ... mouth-watering?
In any case, it looks appetizing!

Reaction score
Real Name
John Beck
In French there is an expression: "mettre l'eau à la bouche", but I don't know if the translation is correct ... mouth-watering?
In any case, it looks appetizing!
Thank you! I consider that very high praise having been to France and sampling some excellent breads! :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you! I consider that very high praise having been to France and sampling some excellent breads! :D

Look at this golden crispy crust, covered with fine and delicate white flour and this beautiful incision which suggests a swollen and soft crumb!
I can only guess the fabulous smell of bread coming out of the oven ...
How not to want to bite into it! :D:D:D

Reaction score
I was bored, so I bought a Game via Steam (Doom 2016) just to discover that my graphics card couldn't handle it....

So I needed to buy a new one and told my friends about it (since it's a really long time since I upraged my PC) and they all said I was stupid, my new card wouldn't fit into my small PC Tower. But I decided I would not need this kind of negativity in life so I ignored there advices.

As the new card arrived I figured I would have to destructivly change the insides of my PC, which is okay for me since I am likely to buy a new tower in some time.

After all was done, the new card sits nicely in my PC.

That was a nice afternoon listening to music while destroying some stuff and also working on my PC (all the things I like besides playing Bass)

Before: 20200325_183644.jpg
After: 20200325_183628.jpg

Last edited:

Florin

OG
Reaction score
I just got this baby home, it weights like a small piano, and I am thinking how to hang it on the wall... alone . LoL. I improvised a bit, I am expecting to see it smashed on the floor now when I am going downstairs.

Serious question: SHould I dye it darker brown (TEK) or leave it natural?
WhatsApp Image 2020-03-25 at 17.12.00.jpeg

Reaction score
Real Name
John Beck
I just got this baby home, it weights like a small piano, and I am thinking how to hang it on the wall... alone . LoL. I improvised a bit, I am expecting to see it smashed on the floor now when I am going downstairs.

Serious question: SHould I dye it darker brown (TEK) or leave it natural?
View attachment 21338
Very nice! Since you asked, I’d stain it to match the wood that you have in your workspace on the other side of the room.

Top Bottom